DodgeTalk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I put fuel in the tank, the gas pump always kicks off. I have constantly move the pump handle around to try to get it to keep fueling. Anyone else experience this? What the fix.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I have a problem with my B350 with the last three gallons or so, it takes ages...

But the first 33 gallons go in fine.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I found out from the dealership that my fuel tank filler neck will be replace under some type of program at no cost to me.

·
Average Guy
2,628 Posts
When I put fuel in the tank, the gas pump always kicks off. I have constantly move the pump handle around to try to get it to keep fueling. Anyone else experience this? What the fix.
I found out from the dealership that my fuel tank filler neck will be replace under some type of program at no cost to me.
From previous issues I've read about here and other forums, over the years, it's a problem with the double lumen filler hose. Our fuel fillers have a Hose, within a hose, and it allows for the air to escape the tank and return back to the pump. It's part of the fuel fume recovery system that's there to save the planet and preserve rainbows and unicorns. Apparently, there were problems with some of them and it caused the pressure to build up along the filler line so that it caused that back pressure to make the nozzle think the tank was full. It prevented the fuel from flowing into the tank freely so it hits that small siphon hole in the nozzle, tripping it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts