DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
So , Jack did you go with the fiberglass hood or just the newer stuff up front??

·
TWEAKED 4.7
4,390 Posts
in comparison to the stock hood and an ABC smooth cowl hood...the ABC hood is substantially lighter. the good hoods are EXTREMELY thick and HEAVY

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Thanks , I've got too start thinking about some lighter parts for my truck.

·
Registered
16,621 Posts
Why not put the engine in a lighter car body?

·
Banned
3,572 Posts
Thanks , I've got too start thinking about some lighter parts for my truck.
if your going for all out wieght reduction a good will drop a couple pounds and zac is saying that cowl he has is even lighter. there is a few guys with the same style/company hood you ask about how light it is

racing/ sport seats drop a fewpounds

·
Registered
28,800 Posts
Like posted earlier the ABC fiberglass cowl is much lighter than stock, but I dont remember the exact numbers. Dayton Hemi was selling one a few weeks ago.

·
SRTs wanna b like me
2,607 Posts
i bought his hood, and i can vouch for the fact that it is way lighter than stock.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Why not put the engine in a lighter car body?
Thats a good question and I got a couple good answers.

1)I already got the truck with the motor in it 2)This is my first vehicle that I bought brand new, so I think I'm gonna keep it.

3) A fast truck is not the same as a fast car.

·
Banned
756 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

1)I already got the truck with the motor in it 2)This is my first vehicle that I bought brand new, so I think I'm gonna keep it.

couldnt agree with you more!!!!!!!! i have a QC 4x4 ha ha and im shooting for low 13's !!!!
PS
anyone can make something aero dynamic fast we choose to make bricks fast!!

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
The Challenger weights 4100lbs my truck started out at 5200lbs I'm down to 4800lbs with a goal of 3900lbs.

·
Registered
16,621 Posts

I was thing more in the line of a Dart or a Duster, Guys are putting late model engines in these bodys all the time. It was just a idea.

·
Bill3491
570 Posts
I believe the saying goes "Anyone can make a light car go fast".

If I had a stock SRT Challeger and pullled up to a light next to a Supercharged Roush 427 mustang, the light turns green and I loose by a length or two, I don't feel that bad. If the light turns green and I loose to a quad cab Ram, I would trade it in.

One is expected to be fast. One isn't.

·
Very Niiiice! :)
4,471 Posts
I believe the saying goes "Anyone can make a light car go fast".

If I had a stock SRT Challeger and pullled up to a light next to a Supercharged Roush 427 mustang, the light turns green and I loose by a length or two, I don't feel that bad. If the light turns green and I loose to a quad cab Ram, I would trade it in.

One is expected to be fast. One isn't.
:thatfunny Couldn't have said it any better!

-David

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.