DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fiat and Chrysler have agreed to form a strategic alliance that would give the Italian auto empire a 35-percent stake in the U.S. carmaker and could eventually bring it full control.

Ciao,
L

·
Registered
124 Posts
I like your sign off the best. very clever for addressed issue.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Oh, Dear Lord -- not Fiat!

Things didn't work out too badly (from an engineering perspective) as a result of the "shotgun wedding" with Daimler, but . . . now they have betrothed themselves to Fix It Again, Tony?!?

I don't think I need to remind everyone what happened to AMC not long after it created a "strategic alliance" with Renault (which built under-engineered, weird little cars as does Fiat).

Will Chrysler soon be "absorbed" and summarily euthanized (save for Jeep Division) by a bigger fish, as was AMC? Let's hope that what goes around doesn't come around in this instance!

Jeff

·
Mopar Madness - Get it...
4,032 Posts
Now now ... Fiat did give the world that example of an engineering marvel and towering reliability....
The Fiat Spyder.
:thatfunny :thatfunny :thatfunny
Maybe now, Dodges will enjoy the same quality and reliability as Furds.

I'd say, stock up on parts now. I wonder if parts stores will have a 'run' on Dodge parts, like the gun stores have been having a 'run' before BO took office yesterday...

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
I live in the South...I have all the arsenal..hmmm I mean guns i will ever need. And the ammo as well.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
That's right...we all know the first thing on Obama's "to-do" list is take away everyone's guns. Next he'll go after our pickup trucks, then the women and children...

(I think the man has a few slightly more important matters to deal with right now, like figuring out how to get the economy out of the basement, secure Iraq and Afghanistan, and get the USA back on its feet.)

Back to the topic at hand, though: $100 says there won't be a "5th generation Ram" forum at DodgeTalk...

·
Aka Force Fed Mopar
6,120 Posts
Oh I dunno, I think it'll do all right. Chrysler's muscled through some tough times before regardless of alliances. They were teamed up w/ VW in the late 70's/early 80's, and from that we got the L-body cars :D

(For those who don't know, the L-bodies were the Omni, Charger, and Rampage(and their Plymouth siblings), so the joke is it's debatable whether or not it was a good thing lol. I'm biased since I own several :D But Carrol Shelby did choose them, and their big brothers the J/G/H/P-body cars, as his platform of choice in the 80's )

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.