DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok guys it is time to change the tranny oil on my 06 hemi what kind should i get and about how much is the oil and filter. also i need to do the rear end oil what kind are you guys using in yours.

·
Premium Member
30,924 Posts
Get the Mopar filters; other have had all kinds of problems with the aftermarket filters. If you're dropping the pan, I believe it takes about seven quarts to fill her back up.

:)

·
Registered
187 Posts
I used Valvoline synthetic in trans and Royal purple in the rear end. I think it takes 6.5 qts for trans and you will need 3 qts for rear end but won't use all of it. Make sure you get both filters for trans, flat filter and screw on filter. They both go inside the trans. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
you guys know how much the filters are from the dealers for the tranny.

·
Premium Member
30,924 Posts
you guys know how much the filters are from the dealers for the tranny.
I think I paid about 20-something for each filter. But since you only have to do the filter change every 60K, I didn't see problem with the price.

:)

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
just making sure it was not some ungodly price. i was told to get the dealer ones already so i planned on it. i was also curious does mobile one make a tranny oil i could use cause i know mopar loves the mobile one stuff and recommends them in our engines. and i like the mobile one synthetic in my hemi.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.