DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Finally a 5 speed
2,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would I be ok with stock 20's with 295/50/20s with a 2/4 drop? I was just wondering if I would have to do any trimming.

·
One day at a time
1,003 Posts
Your tire height is 31.61 Mine which is a 305/45/22 is 32.80 so you should be fine I would think. I just have the 2" lowering shackles and overloads removed and have no clearance problems. Slammed1 should know for a fact.

·
Registered
10,359 Posts
The tire is wider than stock so the only real problem is if you load the rear down with a 2-4 drop and you dont have air assist you could damage the sidewalls on the rear tires. Also if you try to run stock shocks on a 2-4 drop ( I dont know why anyone would???) there will be more bouncing which can also allow contact with the rear wheel well lips.

This truck has the 50 series tires on a 2-4 but we also added a c-notch and air assist........he hasnt had problems.

The main thing is once the ride height is established and everything works fine,there is always that little circumstance that comes up,like moving your sisters furniture or your 4 wheels in the bed which will drop the rear to a level thats closer to the rear wheel well lips.

point is...
plan ahead and make sure all the components used(tires and wheels included) work together for the needs of the truck. I say this because when mine was first done I sliced some sidewalls of some rear tires and have also seen many guys do the same.

Attachments

·
Registered
10,359 Posts
By the way my truck is very similar to this one right now except for 1.5 lower in front and 2 lower in rear.....same wheels with 275/55/20.............But since my Intrepid engine swap is done now My truck will occupy the garage for a while during some much needed surgery. I liked his truck so much especially since uit had the Hemi.:cool:

·
Registered
23,005 Posts
By the way, here is a pic of my truck with Falken 295/50-20"s on it. I have a little over 2" drop up front and the rear is around 5"s.

KB

·
Valdez Racing Team
13,913 Posts
...im gonna come by in the middle of the night and trade tires with you kenny...lol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.