DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

fender

565 views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  GotRam01 
#1 ·
I need to know if there is welding involved in replacing a front passenger side fender? i have a brand new one minus the wheel liner and i just was lookin for instructions. Is the wheel lining spot welded to the fender? IS there any welding involved with replacing a fender at all??? :help: :help:

#2 ·
From looking at mine because I need to replace my front driverside fender, I don't believe there is any welding at all. That is just from looking at it, it appears to just be a bolt up. I seem to remember a star pattern for the bolts on the fender lining, but I'm not quite sure offhand, someone has to know.

[Redacted]

#3 ·
not positive, but never saw a fender that needed to be welded to be replaced

#4 ·
No welding required,, But I would suggest having a bodyshop paint the inner side of the fender before you put it on. This makes it easier to paint the outside when the install is done. Good Luck!!

#5 ·
Actually if all you got is the fender you do need to weld it to the inner. It is a pain in the ass and the Mitchell crash books show like 4.5-5.0 hours a side to replace them. You have to take the inner out with the old fender and drill all the spotwelds out then weld it to the new fender.

#6 ·
I stand corrected, they are spot welded

#7 ·
thats what i thought..... great looks like my weekend repairs just got some more welding on the list.... this weekend will be long

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.