DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to know if there is welding involved in replacing a front passenger side fender? i have a brand new one minus the wheel liner and i just was lookin for instructions. Is the wheel lining spot welded to the fender? IS there any welding involved with replacing a fender at all??? :help: :help:

·
Night Rider
646 Posts
From looking at mine because I need to replace my front driverside fender, I don't believe there is any welding at all. That is just from looking at it, it appears to just be a bolt up. I seem to remember a star pattern for the bolts on the fender lining, but I'm not quite sure offhand, someone has to know.

-Pat-

·
Registered
75 Posts
not positive, but never saw a fender that needed to be welded to be replaced

·
Registered
83 Posts
No welding required,, But I would suggest having a bodyshop paint the inner side of the fender before you put it on. This makes it easier to paint the outside when the install is done. Good Luck!!

·
Registered
842 Posts
Actually if all you got is the fender you do need to weld it to the inner. It is a pain in the ass and the Mitchell crash books show like 4.5-5.0 hours a side to replace them. You have to take the inner out with the old fender and drill all the spotwelds out then weld it to the new fender.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I stand corrected, they are spot welded

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thats what i thought..... great looks like my weekend repairs just got some more welding on the list.... this weekend will be long

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.