Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Originating Member
35,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How often do the idler arms wear out ?

I went in to have the FE alignment checked (I noticed it wanders ever so slightly to the left) and they mentioned that the idler arms are too tight

·
Do It In A Van
8,045 Posts
Too tight? Never heard of that....too loose yes, but not too tight.

Vans have two idler arms (at least mine does) and the only grease fittings are at the point where the arms attach to the center link.

Mine are still good at 120K and 11 years

·
Do It In A Van
8,045 Posts
If they are in fact too tight try spraying some silicone lubricant at the pivot points where the arms attach to the frame...may be the rubber bushings are applying too much friction.

·
vanner
519 Posts
My entire frt end is still original except the shocks, I have 104,000 miles.

It was just aligned this past Janurary, I had him do a full inspection on the frt end, he said it was all good.

I usually greese the frt end every other or 3rd oil change. I spray silicone on all the rubber boots and bushings at each oil change.

·
Registered
148 Posts
It sometimes depends on your setup, too. For a year or so I had the front end of my van sitting really low and I went through a set every 6 months. Dodge's don't like changes in the front end geometry. Most of the time they are good for almost a lifetime, but if there is too much being asked of the front end, they will wear.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.