DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just put a fastman throttle body on and the truck was pulling a little even when i didnt have my foot on the gas.the pedal also had a lot less travel and it seems like it moved a few inches further back,i can pull the gas pedal with my hand up a few inches.is this normal?

·
Registered
9,819 Posts
The throttle body is a little larger and getting more air in at idle than normal. If your peddle has slack then you need to take a look at your throttle body and make sure you put everything back together correctly... there should be no difference between the one you replaced as they are both the exact same part with the fast man TB being bored out a bit more. So NO there should be no additional slack, so get that fixed.

For the idle you need to RESET your PCM and turn it on WITHOUT touching the gas... Let it idle till its warm, turn it off then turn it back on, allow the idle to go down to 500-600 RPM and then give it some gas till the RPMs reach 3,000 and let off... do this 4-5 times and then turn it off. Start it back up just like before but this time drive it lightly, allow the PCM adjust for the new air flow.

SPEED SAFE, AIR RAM

·
Yea, It's a Hemi
6,864 Posts
I too could pull my gas peddle upwards. I think this is a safety feature.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.