DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
alright so who has it and what mods do you have and what did you do to get that time?

i had mine last year 04 1500 4x4 with 33's and got a time of 14.5 with headers, cutout, superchips, air kinda sucked it was hot but that was last year
i have this 05 now and mods coming so thats why im asking!

·
Registered
28,800 Posts
Dline is the fastest so far with a 14.4, but that was with a 30mph headwind. I'm sure he will hit a 13.9 with some better conditions. Just stick to your plan with the mods you have coming, and 13.9's will definately be in reach.

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
awesome im looking to do that plus a 125 shot i wanna get mid 13's:)

oh matt also with the switches i got a new idea using yours just putting them near the radio part:)

·
Registered
28,800 Posts
geterdone04 said:
awesome im looking to do that plus a 125 shot i wanna get mid 13's:)

oh matt also with the switches i got a new idea using yours just putting them near the radio part:)
With the mods you have planned plus a 125 shot, you will run 12's if you can get traction.

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
haha thats why i love my 4x4 launches and we are making huge traction bars haha
if i get all this im def gonna get slicks:)

·
Registered
28,800 Posts
geterdone04 said:
haha thats why i love my 4x4 launches and we are making huge traction bars haha
if i get all this im def gonna get slicks:)
When buying tires...either get true slicks on a 16" wheel and grind on your calipers, or look into the tires I am running right now. I think mine are the perfect width and height and the compound is so soft and sticky its unreal...but true slicks would be better if you want to grind on your calipers.

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeah i def want to get real slicks so ill probably grind down my calipers
i like your track setup as well

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
not anymore man that was a year ago with my old truck so im def hoping for better with this one
but that was driving in 4x4 all the way down the track

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Fell asleep at the tree alittle bit ;) :D

J/K thats a great time for a 4x4. Someday I'll have a few slips like that :)

·
Banned
2,489 Posts
dline said:
geterdone04 you have the timeslip for that run?
I have a time slip for my 14.85 @ 90.35 MPH pass in my QC 4X4 with 3.92's, stock 20's, stock cam, stock exhaust manifolds, stock y-pipe, and stock torque converter. You want to start something??? ha ha ha! I think I figured out why you don't want to go to the track with me on Thursday night. You're a little scared of what my QC 4X4 is going to run with your 65 lbs 30.5" 17's on it??? ha ha ha! Bring it!

·
Registered
28,800 Posts
dodge3471 said:
I have a time slip for my 14.85 @ 90.35 MPH pass in my QC 4X4 with 3.92's, stock 20's, stock cam, stock exhaust manifolds, stock y-pipe, and stock torque converter. You want to start something??? ha ha ha! I think I figured out why you don't want to go to the track with me on Thursday night. You're a little scared of what my QC 4X4 is going to run with your 65 lbs 30.5" 17's on it??? ha ha ha! Bring it!
Did you run that 14.8 with the stock tune, or do you have superchips?? That is pretty quick for the few mods you have done. I am curious to see what you run in this cooler air you have now. Good luck Thursday!!

·
Had 392.. Now.. LS2 GTO!!
4,362 Posts
dline you should run thursday cause on friday the 260 comp cam goes in it!!!! 13's!!!!!

·
Banned
2,489 Posts
HEMI450HP said:
Did you run that 14.8 with the stock tune, or do you have superchips?? That is pretty quick for the few mods you have done. I am curious to see what you run in this cooler air you have now. Good luck Thursday!!
I had a SC's that belonged to another member that I played with for a while. I use the stock trans cal with a engine cal that's very close to the SC's cal. I shift manually between 6000-6100 RPM. I'm not going Thursday unless Dave goes. It's supposed to rain anyhow, 40% chance as of right now. You need to get a 2004-2005 to expand your tuning options. I can't believe Beast bought a 2003, he must be going stand alone?

·
Registered
28,800 Posts
dodge3471 said:
I had a SC's that belonged to another member that I played with for a while. I use the stock trans cal with a engine cal that's very close to the SC's cal. I shift manually between 6000-6100 RPM. I'm not going Thursday unless Dave goes. It's supposed to rain anyhow, 40% chance as of right now. You need to get a 2004-2005 to expand your tuning options. I can't believe Beast bought a 2003, he must be going stand alone?
I think he is going standalone. With that stroked 6.1, I doubt he will be using the stock PCM.

·
Banned
2,489 Posts
HEMI450HP said:
So why dont you want to go?? Go get that 13 second pass with the smaller cam and then a 13.8 with the comp cam next week!!
Milan dragway has been a little stingy for Dave. I have not ran my truck at Lapeer dragway where his truck went 14.40's.

·
Registered
28,800 Posts
Well, good luck to both of you if you choose to go this week. I will be running the 1/8th on Friday, but the track I am going to is not very well prepped. We will see how that turns out.

1 - 20 of 86 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.