DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I shot some video of the install yesterday. I'll edit it and upload it next week.
Turned out pretty nice for 100 bucks.
The edges of this thing are freakin sharp, though. I'm gonna line the edges with some door trim later on. Probably not required but it makes me nervous with my radiator hose touching it.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Looks good Grinner. I am thinking of getting this entire kit when I get my car back from paint. How bad was then install. Did you have to do extra trimming etc?

Jeff

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah, it wasn't a perfect fit but with a stock hood, I don't think any trimming would have been required. It would still need to be done to look right, though.
The edges are really sharp too and with a couple of hoses touching it, it just aint cool to leave it that way. A little door trim from the autoparts sto will fix that up.
The install was easy once I figured out I had to reposition the vacum pump (and figure out what the vacume pump is). The instructions were horrible... descrobing a bolt instead of just showing a picture with a freakin arrow. I had to call em on step one and ask em what was what. Once they set me straight, it went quick and easy.
well, except when I sliced my thumb on the edge of it.
I seldom do mods without bleeding though.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Grinner,
If you have a Dig Camara would you mind taking a pic of what you had to mod, and move so I don't run into the same issues. I just ordered a set of my own.

Jeff

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.