Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning Guys,

For as long as I could remember with my 2001 Dodge Ram 2500 Diesel, the passenger side battery keeps failing. Every time it fails I replace it with a new one and the same side fails. I know this cannot be a co-incidence.

Would someone kindly tell me what could possibly be causing a battery to continually fail. The alternator is new, by the way.

Thank is advance

·
Registered
5 Posts
Vibration is a big battery killer, heat might be another factor.

The right side often gets more pot holes and wheels dropped of the edge = vibration.

Look at the battery box on that side, is the shelf solidly attached and all the battery hold down hardware in place?

·
Registered
72 Posts
do you replace just one bat or both.. could be that when you replace one battery the other one is drawing it down something like that. always best to replace in two's. also does it have alternator wires running to both bats. that could also be a problem ( although i dont know why that would have any thing to do with it ) but i do know that if you replace one bad bat and not both the other bat will kill it, cause likely there both bad from the get go. ive had this problem with a car . did a volt test and an amp test and one bat showed bad while the other showed good , when in fact both where bad. just an idea.
:) good luck

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
do you replace just one bat or both.. could be that when you replace one battery the other one is drawing it down something like that. always best to replace in two's. also does it have alternator wires running to both bats. that could also be a problem ( although i dont know why that would have any thing to do with it ) but i do know that if you replace one bad bat and not both the other bat will kill it, cause likely there both bad from the get go. ive had this problem with a car . did a volt test and an amp test and one bat showed bad while the other showed good , when in fact both where bad. just an idea.
:) good luck
Thanks bud. Whenever I replace bats I always replace both.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.