DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dropped my 04 blk limited off at the dealer.... They agreed to paint the running boards and bumper....He is going to paint everything gloss black to match the rest of the truck ...I was just wondering if anybody has had this done and how does it look.

·
Registered
576 Posts
The only issue with painting the running boards black is that it will get all scratched from rocks stuck on your shoe. If that happens the dealer would not have to repaint it. The rear bumper area is fine but the outer edges of the running boards should only be painted and not the area where you step on like the limited models.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Took mine in for the bumper and they replaced the whole thing. Apparently the painting process didnt' work out so well (at least, that's what the dealer told me). The new bumper is all molded as one piece, with the "step" area a gloss black just like the rest of the bumper. The step/grip stuff is molded as part of the whole bumper rather than a separate piece like before. Looks good.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I thought about the scratchs, but I don't use them anyway. Also if they do I'll just tell them thats what the body shop reccomended and then show them the TSB...Thanks for the feedback

·
Registered
23 Posts
Has anyone considered or looked for a chrome or diamond plate replacement for these parts. I just sold a Wrangler and purchased the D and for my Jeep they made nearly everything in chrome or diamond plate. The material would work well in these location and I think it would look pretty tuff.

·
Registered
576 Posts
I have looked around and none. I have been also looking for different bumpers and no luck. I have repainted the rear faded bumper with plastic paint and so far its holding wheel.

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
^me too. No problems after a week of heavy/use abuse (Fishing System Support Vehicle ;))

I consider it fixed for now...

·
******* SPACESTATION
5,543 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.