DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is there such thing as warranty on factory tires? I have lots of tread left for 35,00kms but in between the treads the tire has small splits on it some an inch long. just wondering if that is a defect. i cant belive they put crappy 4 ply tires on brand new full size pickups. also what is the reccomended tire psi for the factory good year gsa p265/70r17. just so i can adjust it before i show the dealer just in case i have them inflated incorrectly

·
Registered
13 Posts
I ran over a screw at about 220 miles on my truck, and rapidly checked for a warrenty or road hazzard coverage. I called DC's warrenty line was told no. I also checked my warrenty info book and learned that tires are not covered. Wearable items are covered for 12,000 miles, tires excluded, only thing without a warrenty.

By the way I got the tire plugged.

·
AndIHopeYouLikeRamminToo!
1,438 Posts
Factory Psi is 35 on those tires. I was having a problem with the tires squealing around turns at 5 mph. I told the tire shop and they said that it should be ok to run at 40 psi. That might be why I have almost 20,000 miles on mine and not much left on them.
I just got my Nitto Terra Grapplers, same size. 500 tread wear, nice deep treads. I got them for $96/tire. It sucked waiting. They were on national back order and I had to wait 2 months for them.

·
Bill
73 Posts
The tires are warranted by the tire manufacturer. I don't think there is a road hazard warranty and it is pro rated. If you have Goodyear's check with them.

·
Been HEMIphied
1,933 Posts
Never plug a radial tire. Always get it patched. The cords in the tire get ripped apart, when they poke the tool into the tread, and that can lead to belt separation down the road.

·
Banned
7,195 Posts
t-man said:
The tires are warranted by the tire manufacturer. I don't think there is a road hazard warranty and it is pro rated. If you have Goodyear's check with them.
That is exactly right. If you have a defect it's the tire manufacturers obligation to replace or fix your tire. Check the Dodge Owners Manual Wallet that they give you with all the tire information (there are several brands) in there.

·
RamFever
601 Posts
I had a nail in my tire and took it to NTB and they patched it free of charge because the Goodyear is under warranty and they get reimbursed from Goodyear.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.