DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
New Vision
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the factory tint on the back door windows and the rear window?

·
Banned
3,902 Posts
Not dark enough.

·
Registered
283 Posts
i believe a few people on another post said it was 35%......if it is 20% then that really sucks becuase i dont think that is dark enough either...

·
C HEMI GO
1,739 Posts
It's 20%. I laid 20% over it, the net is 4% which is mighty fine.

·
Hibernating
3,117 Posts
Yes, it's 20%. I got my truck in TX so the driver and passanger's side windows weren't tinted at all, so I had to get them done. Now it's 20% all around, so it looks much better, but still, I'd like it darker on the back window.

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
Ill concur w/ all above, its around 20%. My dad had factory tinted back glass and he got 12% on the side and they are barely darker than the back.

·
Banned
524 Posts
It's 20....I put 5% smoke over it, LOOKS SWEET!! I no longer have to use that damn mirror adjuster thing for these *******s and their brights!

·
2012 Texas Ram Express
4,220 Posts
mine has the factory tint on the rear window, when i got my door windows tinted, i got the back tinted also, over the factory tint, its real dark now, i think i got 20 percent doors and 35 percent on the back. or the other way around, what ever is the darkest, thats what i put on the back window, and lighter on the doors.

·
Registered
619 Posts
i just got mine done friday... i got 5 percent all the way around...

·
Registered
619 Posts
oh yea.. anyone ever have a cop give ya any trouble with tinting?? Im sure cops dont like my truck because of the dark tint and the blue neons...:buttkick:

·
Registered
116 Posts
Anyone know the legal tint limits for all the different windows, in the state of California ?

·
Jeep Driver
32,497 Posts
bristo_me_quik said:
oh yea.. anyone ever have a cop give ya any trouble with tinting?? Im sure cops dont like my truck because of the dark tint and the blue neons...:buttkick:
It completely depends on what state you live in..... here in Texas window tint is not much of an issue....... it's really a necessity with the summer heat (97 degrees yesterday in Houston)........

There are legal limits on front window tint in every state though...... most (like Texas) allow it but have restrictions on how dark it can be. Others do not allow it at all. I could not personally live in a state that did not allow window tint. :D lol

I have my windows tinted at the legal limit......... and I think it looks great!

·
Registered
116 Posts
NM I found an easy chart for all states all windows..

Cali - 70% Front Side :( , ANY% Rear Side, ANY% Back, and 4'' visor.

Heres the chart if you would like to view it.

Tint Dude Chart

·
'75 Power Wagon
4,530 Posts
yup sucks.. in cali shops arent even suppose to tint anything over the limits, theres a law against it.. i found some place that can "legally" do 35% on the side windows.. gonna have that done once i get a new window regulator.. already did 5% on the back window which looks great.

·
Banned
524 Posts
I managed to get 20% LLumarStar tint on my front, which is supposed to be illegal..

·
Registered
584 Posts
i put 5% over my back windows, no one can see in during the day, and I cant see out at night lol. i only put 35% on my fronts cause thats the limit in Md.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.