DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is the factory remote start not availabe for an 03 Hemi?

·
Master Baiter
661 Posts
I've been wondering the same thing. I have factory keyless and alarm, so I was hoping I could add the remote start if it's available.

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
i purposely got my ram with no factory alarm, keyless or anything because i was gonna get an aftermarket system anyway.
i have the clifford, and i've had viper on other vehicles and theyre both good.
while i'm here i'll show off my latest video hehe http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNQTb93vPwc

·
quadhemi4x4
626 Posts
When we bought our ram in 03 it was 100.00 dollars extra to have them put in a remote start, so we got it. So i assume that it was the factory one. It uses the same key fob as all the other trucks back then, you just push the lock button three times and it will start. But you never know they just could of used an aftermarket one and somehow used the same keyless entry as the stock one?

·
Master Baiter
661 Posts
quadhemi4x4 said:
When we bought our ram in 03 it was 100.00 dollars extra to have them put in a remote start, so we got it. So i assume that it was the factory one. It uses the same key fob as all the other trucks back then, you just push the lock button three times and it will start. But you never know they just could of used an aftermarket one and somehow used the same keyless entry as the stock one?
Hmmm......I bought the truck from my boss, and he got all the bells and whistles on it when he ordered it. I wonder if I have it and never knew about it? I'm going to have to hit my lock button 3 times to find out. :D

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
quadhemi4x4 said:

I've got to figure this out because I'm getting tired of being cold in the morning.

·
Registered
199 Posts
when i got my truck it was a trade in. and i had no clue that it had remote start, until i was loading a tire into the back of my truck and it started. the tire hit my remote which was in my pocket. i had no clue how i did it. i had to go to my local truck accesories place to get them to tell me what to push to get it to start. so maybe youll get lucky to.

·
Master Baiter
661 Posts
spinfreak said:
Hmmm......I bought the truck from my boss, and he got all the bells and whistles on it when he ordered it. I wonder if I have it and never knew about it? I'm going to have to hit my lock button 3 times to find out. :D
Well, I felt like a little kid on Christmas morning when I went to press the remote to see if it would start, but then it felt just like when you open a present that you think is some great toy, but it's actually a sweater from your aunt. B ah Humbug :tdwn:

Oh well.....just another mod to add to my list. :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.