DodgeTalk Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, im hoping to find some of those old timers that some how know all the numbers and history of our great trucks. I have a 1972 d200, that has had a 1973 360 swapped in. I dont know what it was from. The question i have is the intake manifold has the 3698437-BH number. The research I've done says that 3698437 is a 1973 360 4bbl manifold. Mine has a 2bbl rochester 2 jet carb with a gm logo. It doesnt look like there is an adapter reducing the size, and the listings never have the -BH at the end, just numbers. I thought the carb was just so.eone threw on to get it running, but have been told that dodge used gm rochester 2bbl carbs in the early 70s on occasion. Anyone have any answers? Or point me to somewhere that might have info. Its not a huge deal, I know I could pull the carb off and look at the manifold, but it runs and I don't want to mess with it until I have the thermoquad rebuilt and ready to install. Thanks in advance, and if you want any other info of pics, please ask!
Oh and the side of the block says 360-4, does that mean it was a 4bbl from the factory, or just something else?
20170108_133518-1.jpg
20170108_133447.jpg
Screenshot_20210609-221546_Photos.jpg

·
Registered
92 Posts
You very well could have the factory engine in there. Typically Mopar would season their blocks for a year before they would put them in. Meaning they would leave them out in the yard and let them get hard in the weather and then build them the following year for the following year vehicles. So having a 73 vehicle with a 72 block in it is very common.. the number four behind the 360 is just a casting number likely.. I speak in generalizations because really there's no telling what ma moper did back in those days guaranteed..
finding the correct carburetor and correct manifold stuff is all personal preference in my opinion... If it was my stuff and I was just trying to get it running right and performing well I would probably just buy a good used aluminum intake off of Craigslist and get a decent four-barrel carburetor like a one and done 1406 Edelbrock...
Again that's just my personal preference...
Good luck on your research...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts