DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody know where I can buy the foglight kit cheap? need the switch/panel and the cable. Truck didnt come with foglight options, so I will need the whole kit. Did some looking in a hemi.. and the switch panel looks the same only you pull the fog lamp button to turn on the foglights.

·
^GM Goodwrench Certified^
2,918 Posts

·
Once and future owner
3,059 Posts
Like above; check Ebay. That's where I bought my factory foglight kit for my previous Ram and it was a pretty easy and straight-forward install. The kit came with a switch to turn the foglights on/off whenever you wanted. Good luck.

·
Registered
204 Posts
My 06 1500 doesn't have the fog light kit either. My question is do all the trucks use the same harness? Everything should be plug and play right? Why does the dealer need to turn this feature on?? computer controlled??

·
Once and future owner
3,059 Posts
I really don't know why Dodge hooked the foglights into the headlight switch so they could only come on with the low beams on. I would much rather run a separate switch for the fogs and run them whenever I want.

The kit that I bought had it's own harness; switch and was a simple plug and play. All I had to do was drill one small hole and run the wires; mount the switch and fogs and that was it.

·
NEVER DOUBT THE DEMON
14,569 Posts
since we are assuming that its an 03 its very easy to do, i bought a whole kit for my ST truck, but i wound up getting a bumper that was prewired for fogs so all i had to do was plug em in behind the fender and me and the guy swapped the headlight controls since he was removing his, and mine work like a charm, so now im left with used foglights and bran new harness int the box

·
Registered
380 Posts
Ive got a brand new foglight switch for a 02-05 Ram for sale if interested. I bought one off ebay thinking I would piece together a kit and wound up buying the whole kit off of ebay. Let me know if your interested.

·
NEVER DOUBT THE DEMON
14,569 Posts
I really don't know why Dodge hooked the foglights into the headlight switch so they could only come on with the low beams on. I would much rather run a separate switch for the fogs and run them whenever I want.

The kit that I bought had it's own harness; switch and was a simple plug and play. All I had to do was drill one small hole and run the wires; mount the switch and fogs and that was it.
i believe there is a law requiring them to make em this way

·
Registered
380 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
since we are assuming that its an 03 its very easy to do, i bought a whole kit for my ST truck, but i wound up getting a bumper that was prewired for fogs so all i had to do was plug em in behind the fender and me and the guy swapped the headlight controls since he was removing his, and mine work like a charm, so now im left with used foglights and bran new harness int the box

You wanting to part with the foglights/harness? I have not looked but does my bumper have the proper mounting system for the lights? I figure they mount one way and one way only, no light adjustments needed.

·
NEVER DOUBT THE DEMON
14,569 Posts
You wanting to part with the foglights/harness? I have not looked but does my bumper have the proper mounting system for the lights? I figure they mount one way and one way only, no light adjustments needed.
you will need to look behind where the foglight holes are and see if there is a bracket there, if your truck has not been wrecked before it should all be there and all you would have to do is bolt on the fogs, change out the fog delete grills with the supplied foglight cutouts and then run wires to the new switch

·
NEVER DOUBT THE DEMON
14,569 Posts
In the pic below you can see my old bumper in the back of my truck, its a funky pic i know but it shows you what bracket your bumper has to have to mount fogs, which unless your truck has been wrecked there is no reason for it not to be behind there

Attachments

·
Living in my own world
449 Posts
dumb

Yup Yup, its illegal to run fogs with your high beams.
That has to be one of the dumbest laws I have ever heard. So if the person coming at you is too stupid to turn off their brights, and if these don't blind the ever-living hell out of you, the fogs will.

·
Registered
204 Posts
you will need to look behind where the foglight holes are and see if there is a bracket there, if your truck has not been wrecked before it should all be there and all you would have to do is bolt on the fogs, change out the fog delete grills with the supplied foglight cutouts and then run wires to the new switch

You holding onto the extra set of fog lights and harness?? how much $$ for them.

·
NEVER DOUBT THE DEMON
14,569 Posts
You holding onto the extra set of fog lights and harness?? how much $$ for them.
well remember the foglights them selves are used, but everything else has never been on a truck, if your interested PM me an offer, :D

·
NEVER DOUBT THE DEMON
14,569 Posts
here is a pic of my kit, i dont have one of the used fogs, they are on my cam at home.

this is the harness, foglight bezels, and switch you add to your dash, along with the instructions

Attachments

·
Administrator
10,540 Posts

My fogs come on with my high beams. ;)

·
NEVER DOUBT THE DEMON
14,569 Posts
My fogs come on with my high beams. ;)
i believe with the add on kit you buy from dodge they stay on because they are only limited by your pk lights

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.