DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was at the dealership checking out an 05 SRT10 and noticed it had a Infinity 10" subwoofer under the smaller of the two seats in the back. The salesman said it was a factory option. I asked if it took a separate amp as well but he wasnt sure.

Anyone else aware of or have this option? How does it sound? I know you can get aftermarket boxes/woofers; just wondering how this one compares...

·
Registered
3,953 Posts
Never heard of a factory 10" sub. Cool.

·
Banned
524 Posts
yeah, the boxes are removable...they sound ok....i'd go with an aftermarket box that will fit at least 1 12"....then again, i'm a bass freak..

edit: I think that box was made by JL Audio.....from the dealer it retails for around 4-5 hundred....

·
ASE approved
8,862 Posts
on the srt-10 there is a cubby hole under the center seat. unders the seat part not the arm rest. if you open it up you will find the amp for the sub so to answer your question there is a seprate amp for the sub. as far as sound goes i dont have a clue. all i have done is drool over them at the dealer.

·
Jerry Rigged Customs
1,330 Posts
isnt the livin loud package in the sxt and srt4 neon made by kicker, maybe they make it also.

·
Registered
23,005 Posts
Its an Infinity amp and Infinity sub, basically a repackaged Infinity basslink set-up. I have never heard one though, but they look cool.

KB

·
New Vision
1,199 Posts
So does the standard Infinity system come with a sub and if so, what size and where is it?

·
Registered
23,005 Posts
Technically, yes it does. But not in the sense your thinking of. The front door speakers are 6"x9" woofers/subs. The 3 dash speakers (L/R 3.5" tweets, Center 2" tweet) play your highs/mids, the front door speakers play the low level bass, and your rears 5.25" (2 way) play mids/highs.

The SRT-10 regcab has a single 10" woofer in a factory box that fits in the center of the back storage tray. The Srt Quads, have a small box under the rear passenger seat on the driver side. These are 10" Infinity subs powered by a separate Infinity amp aside from the amp, behind the dash, that powers the rest of the speakers listed above.

KB

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.