DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for any information on either of these two lifts for my 05. Would like to know the pros and cons of these lifts and whether or not anyone has had a bad experiance with either of the companies. Also would like to have an idea of how much my gas mileage will be affected going from 33's o 35's.

·
2012 Texas Ram Express
4,220 Posts
Both are good kits, but if it was me, id go with Fabtech, just cause im more familer with there name.

·
You Seen it Here 1st.
394 Posts
I had the Fabtech kit on my truck.. I can say it was a very nice kit. 35's almost looked to small. but they look good on the truck. Dont get a wheel bigger than 17x8.5

·
Registered
197 Posts
harley_sr said:
Dont get a wheel bigger than 17x8.5

why is that???????????

Peter

·
Suckin Gas & Haulin A$$
173 Posts
More lift options,

What about Rough Country? They make a 5.5" lift for us 2wd guys. I am also looking for a lift around the 6" area. I came across Rough Country, They have a killer deal for 5.5" it is $599.00. But i guess it goes back to the question do you pay the extra for quality????Or what are you paying for?? I havent heard anyone say anything about this company. I read in Peterson 4 wheel drive a few months ago they put one on a 4wd and were happy with it. So i would like to know what all you have to say about them.

·
Registered
632 Posts
couple folks had bad juju with rough country but they made it right.....so....give it a try and be a ginnea pig. Personally you get what you pay for!!!Don't go cheap on stuff like this, you'll only regret it in the end. Good luck.

·
Registered
280 Posts
I think that the Fabtech is a better lift. I looked at both lifts carefully when I ordered my Fabtech and it seem that the CST lift would wear your ball joints out quicker. I am not saying that is a fact, that is just what I think. Only one problem with the Fabtech. I ordered mine three and a half weeks ago from 4wheelonline. I have received the shocks and only one of the component boxes. The last component box which contains the spindles and springs is backordered. I called Fabtech and they verified this for me. I am going stir crazy waiting for the rest of the parts because I am installing it myself. My new wheels and tires have been sitting on the garage floor for a month.(done ranting) Anyway, 4wheelonline has the Fabtech for $1149 with free shipping if you dont mind waiting.

·
Registered
2,842 Posts
i would go with the fabtech kit out of those two companys, if you want anything bigger the go with FTS and Whiplash, but i think your looking for like a 7" kit, so fabtech makes one of the best 2wd kits that i know of, only thing i dont like is that you cant use your stock off sets for your wheels but the cts is the same way.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hemi_power87

It looks like Fab tech is the way to go. I want the exact setup you have. How did the lift and tire affect your gas mileage. I have the Hemi as well.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.