DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a quick question, I have the opportunity to get a 5.5" fabtech lift for my truck for $600. I was wondering with my current setup if I would need to have my drive shaft lengthend? I currently have a 3" BL and a 2" spacer in the front. Thanks in advence for the replies.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I believe that you would have to lenghten the drive shafts. I think 6" is the max, You might have to change the pinion angle also but I'm not sure??

·
Registered
302 Posts
i dont think so, if so call fabtech and ask them.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well, I bought the lift. I got it for $650. I couldnt pass that one up! The lift is bran new and still in the box! I ran across this guy when I was in the woods last weekend who was hard up for cash. Anyways, I called 4-wheel parts ,I forgot to ask about the driveshaft, and asked if i would need to extend any of my brake lines or related stuff and they told me no. I also told the about my current setup and they told me that everything should be fine. Is this right???

·
Registered
2 Posts
Body Lifts dont have anything to do with the frame do they? Isnt the spacer just like a body lift too? Right now I am currently installing a 5.5 fab tech suspension lift to my 99 ram and its been a bitch. If you are doing it yourself make sure you got the right tools. I dont and I have put around 16 hours already into it and I got about 5 left! Peace out :rck:

·
Registered
105 Posts
$650 is an awsome deal for a brand new kit! I wish I could have found a deal like that. You shouldn't have to lengthen the driveshafts for the Fabtech lift. You will probably have to have the front driveshaft notched just a little bit at the joint to get full articulation out of the front end. I didn't have it done originally and had to go back and get it done after the first time I went wheeling.

You're probably going to want to take those coil spring spacers off when you do the lift unless you want to give your truck a "California lift" (where the front end sits higher than the rear). If you go that route then you just may need to have your front driveshaft lengthened after all.

·
Built Not Bought
1,870 Posts
Great deal on the kit
You may have to clearence the CV in the front shaft if you going to run the front spacers. If you pull the spacers, you dont have to worry about the front shaft angle.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for all the info. Yeah, I think I'm gonna take the spacers out and get rid of the 315/75/16 and go with a 36x14.50 tsl's. I go riding quite frequently and I dont want it to rub.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.