DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fabtech Lift kit

6K views 21 replies 13 participants last post by  sleblanc 
#1 ·
I have an 07 Big Horn Hemi QC 2wd and am looking to lift my rig. I was thinking about short term lifting and doing spindles, or lift spacers....but have decided to save the money and go for a full suspension. I am in love with Aviks rig and he has the Fabtech 6 in lift. How does the Fabtech lift hold up on our trucks and is 6 in too high , too low? Waht seems to be a good quallity lift for our trucks? I want to do it right and make it look sweet, so any advice for a rookie would be greatly appreciated!!!

Oh, this can also be a pic thread so I can get an idea of what our 3G rams look like with different lifts! Thanks guys!

#2 ·
in a 2wd 6" isn't that high.You could sneak in 35's and the rig will look superb :)

#3 ·
CRMRAM said:
in a 2wd 6" isn't that high.You could sneak in 35's and the rig will look superb :)
Thats the plan to have a superb looking rig!!!! Any pics of lifted rams with 35s?

#5 ·
here is a thread with lifted 2wds........the black one with 10" lift and 37's is mine.

http://www.dodgetalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=176009

If you can wait a little bit until I do some experimenting,I will have a 6" kit available for 06/07 2wd trucks for well under a grand........FabTech and CST are great,but my budget myself dont allow kits over A GRAND in price so I am all for getting the same effects done with smaller pric4e tags as long as quality is same.

#6 ·
slammed1 said:
here is a thread with lifted 2wds........the black one with 10" lift and 37's is mine.

If you can wait a little bit until I do some experimenting,I will have a 6" kit available for 06/07 2wd trucks for well under a grand........FabTech and CST are great,but my budget myself dont allow kits over A GRAND in price so I am all for getting the same effects done with smaller pric4e tags as long as quality is same.
When will the kit for 06/07 2wd trucks be out....round about what time?

#7 ·
slammed1 said:

i like the sound of that !!!!

#8 ·
I absolutely LOVE the Fabtech kit!
It rides better than stock and looks great with 35" tires. Here is a pic of my '06 2wd with the 6" fabtech kit and 35" toyos. more in my gallery.

#9 ·
bigmac18 said:
I absolutely LOVE the Fabtech kit!
It rides better than stock and looks great with 35" tires. Here is a pic of my '06 2wd with the 6" fabtech kit and 35" toyos. more in my gallery.

I was looking for your truck to post :D I just couldn't remmember the name :D glad you found the thread :D

#10 ·
No one has actually said they didnt like FabTech,and I myself would love to be able to affrod to ride on one myself. I recently looked at a Very large,well visited web site for lifts and parts and even with their supposed discount pricing the FabTech was still close to 2 grand..........Yes its a great kit,nice quailty.....no one is arguing that,but MY entire lift,wheels and tires on my truck is barely the 2 grand mark.
If you can afford the High Dollar stuff by all means get it,no one is questioning the quality,or the ones who have the kit.

#11 ·
I agree. The only reason i went with Fabtech at first was that the options on the '06 2wd were limited at the time, teh CST kit ws only about $100 less than the Fabtech. Also, it REALLY helped that my tires and wheels were free, so I splurged a little on the lift kit.
I got my kit, plus install, alignment, and mount and balance tires..it ended up costing right at $2000

slammed1: I wish i could have waited for you to come out with a kit for the newer trucks, I would have definately gone that route, but at the time this was my best option. i know you do great work, and if I had an '05 you would have been my go to guy. :rck:

#12 ·
subscribe

#14 ·
Which of the two, either Fabtech or CST, is actually a better a product?
I see that the Fabtech lift has some extra parts and stuff, but the CST is a 7" lift and does not require any trimming to fit 35" tires. I have both of these lift kits quoted to me and it seems that the guys who have a deal with Fabtech, push that lift and the guys who have a deal with CST do the same. They will go as far as to say "I would not recommend that other product to any customer, mine is superior." But when I ask how the other product is inferior they can't explain. Any thoughts on the comparatives of the two products?

#15 ·
There are a bunch of different ways to lift your 4x2. Just ask around and you'll find somebody that's either got what you're looking for or knows about it. When it comes time to buy your kit, Slammed1 is a good guy to get with.

#17 ·
Opposabletoe, the main difference in the two is that the Fabtech kit comes with crossmember drops for the front suspension. That will keep your suspension angles pretty close to stock. At the same time you're losing ground clearence and you're paying a lot of money for that kit. The CST does not use crossmember drops, so you gain ground clearence but your suspension angles will be a little off from stock. It's really going to come down to what you want to spend. I have a non crossmember drop kit and I love it. I do a lot of off-roading and I've never had any problems out of mine. Plus, it was cheaper. If you choose to go the path of a non drop crossmemeber kit then I would talk to Slammed1 about HIS 6 inch suspension kit that consists of 3 inch lift spindles, 2.5 inch coil spacers, and the rest of the nesassary stuff because in my opinion the CST is very, very over priced. If you choose to go with the cross member drop kit then I would talked to Slammed1 about getting you Rough Country's new 6 inch suspension lift kit. They make a really good product (I'm running them on my truck) and it's a good bit cheaper than the Fabtech kit. I hope this helped.

#19 ·
unfast1 said:
Truck looks good besides that red crap. Pull it off and it will be the shit.

Pinstripe was great in 80's
So were people's manners too. ;)

KB

#20 ·
I kinda thought the same thing.

#21 ·
awsome well i think i have found what i wanted too do next... either it was going to slam it or go up... and i think going up looks sexy as hell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.