3) Fernando's doesn't :eek:
4) Teamates have similar faits. :crazy:
5) There are penalties accessed to Renuilt. :WHT:
Not likely is it? :WHT:
--B-300--

·
AirFuelEddie
5,442 Posts
Amazing what Renault has accomplished in the last few years. I would have thought Toyota or Honda had a champ season by now. Just shows that even money cant buy you a champion season in F1 if you dont have the experience and developement of the established legacy teams.

·
AirFuelEddie
5,442 Posts
sca said:
Like everything, it is not the car it is the driver...
In F1 I think it's a lot of the driver for sure. But look at the McClaren Mercedes team, great drivers, massive engine failures consistently,you could see the disgust within Kimi's face as he walked back to the paddock!!

·
Registered
13,483 Posts
I guess part of winning races is to make it to the finish line....Kimi is still my favorite driver, he is fast and cuts the BS.

If the car and tires are within regulations and comparable, make it to the finish line now the driver makes the difference.

·
AirFuelEddie
5,442 Posts
Kimi is my fav too! Remarkable what he has accomplished at such a young age. I am gonna try and make it to the U.S. GP this year, is it still going to be at INDY? I don't get the satellite channels either! Damnit, my fav form of racing and I have a nice T.V. but no service.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I check out autosport.com. it gives you all of the latest F1 news and it covers a whole spectrum of other racing leagues.

I have to say that kimi was my favorite driver but in F1 i have to cheer on the teams. there is no way i can drop mclaren mercedes. Go Alonso, Go Hamilton.

·
AirFuelEddie
5,442 Posts
Thanks, sca and maverick, I will cheer for McClaren Mercedes whomever is in the cockpit,actually I am a freak on the Technology. Have you guys heard the F1 engine "singing" the U.S.A. national anthem through it's exhaust? Very impressive at 18,000 RPM. Thanks for the link as well. Have you guys ever seen the old documentary, "The Quick and the Dead" narrated by Stacey Keach?

·
Registered
13,483 Posts
Nop! Have to check that out.... Maybe we should start talking again about the Horsepower in a HEMI?! And if Chrysler is holding back!
Making propably 800-850 horses out of 2.4 liters is quiet impressive.

I had the opportunity to be in the 2005 simulator of Ferrari, S$$t you think the engine is blowing with the sound of the revs...don't even try below 1000 rpm.

Would be great if we can keep this going and talk about F1!

·
AirFuelEddie
5,442 Posts
Yep, when it comes to engine technology, F1 has no equal, except maybe Grand Prix 500cc RoadRacers, Kevin Schwantz, Mick Doohan, Eddie Lawson, Wayne Rainey. Riding a 280lb. 2 Stroke 500 cc V-4 that only fires it's cylinders 60-80 degrees out of 360, because the wheel power would highside you, so it fires in pulses! Brilliant! Oh, the engine, it produces between 220-260 H.P. thats almost a one to one H.P. weight ratio!! Back in the mid-ninties, Mick Doohan was clocked at 212 M.P.H. at HockenHeim Germany. The Art of motorsport! They raced a G.P. bike against the F1 car a few years back the car pulled on the bike pretty bad in the curves,(2 wheels against four is no contest in the tight curves of F1 tracks.). Yeah the documentary QD is a classic and features Jackie Stewart, Peter Revson, Graham Hill, Francois Cervet, all legends.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Yah ive been to three races in the last four years. Montreal, Hockenheim, and Nurmburgring. Its amazing to hear the different pitches of the engines depending on the manufacturer. You could def tell when a minardi was coming down the track :)

·
Registered
13,483 Posts
Maverick1st said:
Yah ive been to three races in the last four years. Montreal, Hockenheim, and Nurmburgring. Its amazing to hear the different pitches of the engines depending on the manufacturer. You could def tell when a minardi was coming down the track :)
You must have done some time in Germany or what?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.