DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
or no car
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so there i was today driving to work through town at a leisurely 25 mph, when all of the sudden out of my left peripheral vision this black streak comes out of nowhere and BAM! slams into the front of my truck. so im cussing cause ive seen the damage a large bird can cause. i pull over and my drivers side upper grill area is completely bent all to hell feathers strewn about inside my grill and engine bay. it was a damn pidgeon and one of its wings was beat up and the bird suprisingly was still alive. so i pried it away from my radiator and let him walk. hopefully he gets eaten by a cat. anyways no damage to the radiator just my street scene grill. so now i get to buy a new one yay! pics to follow when i can figure out how to post them from my iphone.

F'n birds!

·
HEMI
2,771 Posts
Sorry to hear that. Yeah, I cringe each time I see a bird coming toward me. I'd hit my share of them in my 05, but luckily no damage, just had to pry them outta the grille. The only one I would have liked to hit was the one that somehow sh%t on my drivers door speaker. Anyways, I've been lucky so far with my 08, but I've had some close calls. Good luck with fixing it up.

·
or no car
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
dang how did it manage to sh!t on your speaker? that would really piss me off!

·
HEMI
2,771 Posts
rzrbackhemi said:
dang how did it manage to sh!t on your speaker? that would really piss me off!
I don't honestly know;threw me for a loop when I saw it. I guess one must have been flying over when I had the door open for more than the usual 3 seconds it takes me to get out and close it. It was kind of a freak thing and rather nasty to clean up; it went all down the speaker. I didn't take the door panel off, I just spent alot of time with a toothpick and rag cleaning out each individual speaker hole. Not something I'd wanna do again. ;)

·
Registered
58 Posts
Good thing it wasn't a 25 pound turkey. LOL I took out a large owl last week with the right headlight on the highway doing 65. Anyone know how to buff out the 2x1 inch scratch?

·
or no car
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
man if it was a turkey that would end up being my christmas dinner. haha. and owl though..thats a good size bird. did it do any damage besides a long scratch? seems like birds have waited till the last possible second to avoid hitting my truck the last few months and tonight i got one

·
or no car
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
we should start up a animal/bird hitting club.

·
Diesel User
1,343 Posts
I have killed three birds with my truck so far. What's the deal with birds and Rams?? :dunno:

MikeyB

·
or no car
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
NEVER DOUBT THE DEMON
14,569 Posts
took out a buzzard here, not a mark one, just alot of nasty ass bird guts up my hood, windshield and roof, and my best friend hit a buzzard and it took out his honeycomb grill.

·
Registered
13,484 Posts
rzrbackhemi said:
so i pried it away from my radiator and let him walk. hopefully he gets eaten by a cat.
:thatfunny :thatfunny :thatfunny :thatfunny :thatfunny :thatfunny :thatfunny
Retaliation!:thatfunny :thatfunny :thatfunny :thatfunny

·
You've been Hijacked
14,749 Posts
sorry to hear that.....especially since it wasn't the stock plastic grill inserts.

·
or no car
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
quiet peen, i dont feel like paying 180 for another ss grille so im gonna get the factory honeycomb grille

·
NEVER DOUBT THE DEMON
14,569 Posts
pix of the damage?

·
You've been Hijacked
14,749 Posts
rzrbackhemi said:
quiet peen, i dont feel like paying 180 for another ss grille so im gonna get the factory honeycomb grille
here's somebody selling them cheap in the classifieds

honeycomb grill inserts

·
NEVER DOUBT THE DEMON
14,569 Posts
i was giving thoes away a lil while back, i dont know how but i wound up with so many grills laying around it wasnt even funny. . .

·
or no car
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
thanks quietpeen, i sent him a pm. also demon hemi do you have any left you wanna sell?

·
NEVER DOUBT THE DEMON
14,569 Posts
i have a sport billet ill sell and, i think i have a honeycomb left but ill have to check on the honeycomb, but ill have to find a box to ship em in. . .

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.