DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Tricked out Ram
12,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like the title says, this is my LC-1 with a blue DB gauge and OT-1 I was going to use in my truck for AFR and data logging.

The LC-1 will give AFR v/s time but when used with the OT-1 it will allow AFR v/s RPM which is what we all need to do successful logging and tuning.

The gauge is not needed as you can use LogWorks software and view everything on a laptop and display on-screen gauges.

Also, I have my gauge mounted in a steering wheel gauge pod that I also will sell with the setup. All the cords, cables and software are there.

The OT-1 is a 16 channel datalogger so there is plenty to view and see and log.

Reason I am selling----------

I currently have this all connected in my truck and it does work. However, it drives my PCM crazy. It makes my dash lights come on and flashes my headlights.

I have spoken with two other guys who have the same setup and they have no issues. I actually installled this in MegaBlackTanks truck after work and it worked just fine in his. So it is somethhing with my truck. Lucky me I guess.

So just to clarify, it all does work. It just doesnt like my trucks PCM protocols.

So anyway, here are some links for those who wanna read more about it.

OT-1
LC-1
DB gauge

I am asking $300 shipped for the LC-1, DB gauge, OT-1 and steering wheel gauge pod WITH THE CONDITION you have to send me your top half of your steering wheel cover to replace mine. I got this from someone else and no longer have mine.

To get the top cover off there are two BLACK torx screws on the bottom half with one being under the tilt handle. Just so you know, on this cover I have, the one plastic piece that the screw goes in is broke and missing. It was like that when I got it. I though it would make it loose or not fit right but it still fits fine.

So there it all is folks. Thats four pieces and everything you need to do everything you want

·
Registered
330 Posts
man someone would be crazy to not take this setup. I only need the OT-1, so if anyone else wants the LC-1, gauge, and pod, I'm sure weedahoe can work out the pricing.

Good luck with the sale! sorry it didnt work out for you

·
Tricked out Ram
12,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
here are some pics

99 Posts
too bad the dakota column isnt the same....just saw the pics....maybe it is?

·
Tricked out Ram
12,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
too bad the dakota column isnt the same....just saw the pics....maybe it is?
IDK if it is or isnt but even if it isnt then you could always sell it

how hard is the install?
Not hard at all.

You can always download the manuals from Innovates site and take a look but for the most part it goes like this:

LC-1
-------
red - switched 12v
blue & white - ground
yellow is analog 1 = usually not used
brown is analog 2 = goes to blue on DB gauge or nothing if no guage is used
black goes to the LED and switch and then back to ground

DB gauge
--------

red = switched 12v
black = ground
blue goes to brown on LC-1
purple = 12v @ headlights

OT-1
--------
plugs into OBD port
3.5mm cord from LC-1 to OT-1
USB from OT-1 to laptop

·
Tricked out Ram
12,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sry, I need the cash so I can buy a different setup.

·
Registered
30 Posts
is there anything you didn't like about that one?

·
Tricked out Ram
12,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
no it worked great in and is very easy to install. It gave lots of PIDs to monitor and logging was easy. Its just for some reason it made my truck dash lights go crazy but worked fine in MegaBlackTanks truck. He and i work together and I pulled it out of my truck and installed it in his and had the laptop logging in less than 20 mins. Now granted that was permanently mounted but I needed to test the equipment to make sure it all worked and it if was my truck or not. Unfortunately it was my truck.

So anyway, who wants to make a decent offer on it all?

·
Registered
330 Posts
bump for a great guy with terrible luck

·
Registered
3,433 Posts
do you know exactly what it was with your truck that it didnt like?

·
Tricked out Ram
12,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I do not know exactly. All I do know is the 02-05s run on the J1850 VPW protocol and while I could get it to connect and even log, it make my dash lights and things come on.

If anyone has ever flashed their PCM with a tuner the will know what I mean.

I spent time on the phone with Tech Support at Innovate and while they tried, they swore they had never had an issue like this before. There was nothing like my issue in any of their forums. They wanted to put in a ticket and test my truck but Im not out in CA.

I know SC sometimes has issues like this also but they are never widespread and only related to one or two guys. And I just happened to be that guy for Innovate.

At any rate, it is sold and I hope the next person can get better use out of it than I could.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.