DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
War Eagle!
2,005 Posts
man that happened to my mom's 01 durango on the way back from the airport one day except the damn bird was stuck in the grille....took a good bit of tug to get it out of there

·
Diesel User
1,343 Posts
Don't laugh, but I have killed at least six birds with my truck so far. Don't know if it's the color or what.

MikeyB

·
Registered
108 Posts
Doing a bit of meadowlark hunting huh?

Wait until you top a hill at 80mph and catch a great big turkey buzzard eating a dead armadillo...they take-off slow...catch them in the windsheild...gruesome..and can bust out the windsheild!

·
Creature Of The Wheel
8,860 Posts
I had a small bat (i guess it was a baby) get stuck in my billet grille that I had on my 99. I pulled into a gas station to get gas & a guy told me I had a bat stuck in my grille, i was naw...sure enough I did..lol

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Doing a bit of meadowlark hunting huh?

Wait until you top a hill at 80mph and catch a great big turkey buzzard eating a dead armadillo...they take-off slow...catch them in the windsheild...gruesome..and can bust out the windsheild!
Its funny you say that, I hit it in OK.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
you're just having all sorts of bad luck with that truck aren't you!

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
no problem, i just ordered the same headunit. i read the nav can suck but they just released an update

·
Registered
778 Posts
i had a bat stuck in my grill for about 3 months, i named it and everything. RIP "batty"

·
Registered
302 Posts
Took the head off an owl one night with my front differential. Driving up a canyon road on the Idaho Wyoming border,about 2am, fog line was just below my headlights,an eerie night. Popped it's head up just as I was coming onto it @ about 45mph. It must of been eating roadkill. Damn, I feel bad about that. Dragged the carcass off the road & it must of weighed 30 pounds. Figure it was a great horned.

·
Redtruck-VA
2,758 Posts
Turkey's are a problem in rural Virginia. They take off into the open road about chest high for a motorcycle rider.

·
Registered MOPAR User
9,350 Posts
I had a bat catch the aluminum trim on my 75 el co back in the 80's, looked kind of cool the next morning when I finally saw it. both wings out streatched.
I had a friend of mine have a barn owl go thru his trucks windshield at 1 in the morning, luckily no one was in the passenger seat, as it broke the backrest of that seat

·
Registered
348 Posts
:truestory:

Like Redtruck-VA, wild turkeys are all over here in jersey. A while back, hit one on the state road, road up the grill and across the hood and got caught on the windshield wiper. With the wife and daughter screaming about the blood and feathers, got on the interstate and speed till it flew over the roof. Then drove through the first car wash I found. Not a big deal, but it is a story neverless.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.