DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys i have a F&B 72mm tb that i bought used on craigslist. The question i have for anyone that could help me out is when i put the tb on and turn the truck on it sticks like its stuck, but when i turn it off it moves freely. so i took it off and put my stock tb back on. Do you guys no who i could send this tb to so they could fix it.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No i didn't. Is there a specific kind i should use.

·
Banned
7,000 Posts
Idunno, I'd take the IAC motor out and make sure its good and clean, then all through the port that goes in and clean the blade good, then maybe just some WD40? Dont want something thick I wouldnt think, just enough to get in the moving parts. Dont SOAK it down, just enough to let it move freely and see if that helps.
Just a thought...

·
Got 2 Hemis
5,042 Posts
Does the butterfly move freely? Carefully, apparently they can be hurt. Is it possible to take the motor off the OEM TB and put it on the "new" one? Use brake cleaner to clean the TB, NOT carb cleaner.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The butterfly moves freely when the engine is off and even now that it's off and in my hands. But when i turn my engine on it feels like it gets snagged or something. I've took it apart and the oem is different.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
All the bolts are put on good. The bearing look good, but i don't like the clips that hold the shaft and butterfly from sliding back and forth.

·
Premium Member
30,924 Posts
I'm not clear when the blade is moving freely. Does the blade move free after you install the TB to the manifold? If it doesn’t, it could be hitting the face of the intake manifold.

·
HOTROD
590 Posts
Check your cables. They sometimes stick on my 03. Really only does it when i use the cruise control. Just a thought

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'll try giving them a call tomorrow. It doesn't seem to be hitting the manifold since it moved freely when the engine was off.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.