DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone successfully install one of these on an '07 Ram? I like the idea, but I have seen a warning that on the '07 Ram, the tail lights are a little closer to the tail gate and this may cause "fitment issues". I certainly don't want any "fitment issues", they can be nasty to get rid of. I work for a living and my gauge of how much I want something is how long I would have to work if what I am going to buy was all I got for my labors. You'd be surprised how many things I have passed on using that measuring stick. This is why I don't gamble, and I don't want to gamble on buying an EZ Down unless I am pretty sure it is going to fit.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I put one on my 02 and had a slight "fitment issue." They sent me all the hardware to install it, and true to their word, there was no drilling involved. The only problem that I had was where the top of the piston rubs against the tailgate when closing. I didn't realize what was going on at first, I just thought that it was the piston itself causing resistance in closing. So now I have a small scratch in the paint on the side of the tailgate. To me, its not a big deal. I appreciate the convenience of the EZ down, and can deal with a scratch in an area that isn't normally visible.

My neighbor just put one on his 05 too, doesn't seem to be having the same problem I'm having.

Its a tight fit in that little space, so I could see fitment being an issue. But like I said, its been a nice mod that I'm really happy with. You might want to gamble on that one a little... :)

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have it on my 07 and there are no fitment issues. I did have one small install problem, the nut that fits in the tailgate was a bit tricky to get in, so I had to drill the hole a little bigger. Other then that, it works great and everyone that sees it geeks on it.

Jason

·
Master Baiter
661 Posts
I've got one on my '03 and love it. Now that I have one, I couldn't live without it.:rck:

·
Registered
645 Posts
MY 07 has one. I just push it to the right side of the cylender and all is good. If it gets on the left side it is a little tight. But I would take this over not having it. Keeps the kids from have the tailgate slam into their heads. Plus it is really cool. :)

Don't be affraid.

·
You've been Hijacked
14,749 Posts
I'm hoping to get one for christmas :D

·
Registered
4,315 Posts
Have the EASYDOWN on my wife's 2002

Have the EASYLIFT on my 2005

Of the 2 I find the EASYLIFT more useful and it does help in letting the gate down

Here is a pic of my 72 year old 5'3" 112 lb wife closing the gate with the EASYLIFT on

·
Diesel User
1,343 Posts
Several family members have the EZ Down on the '07 with no issues.
On my '03 I filed the sharp lip at the top of the shock to cure the paint rubbing issue and also used a thick mil tape for paint protection.

MikeyB

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.