DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Nathan Z.
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have an extra rear resonator laying around that they'd like to get out of their garage? My new muffler sounds good but is a little too much volume. I'm thinking of putting the resonator in front of the muffler to tone it down some. I'll pay shipping and then some for your trouble. Thanks!

·
Registered
837 Posts
you mean the stock one? I have the stock cat back exhaust sitting here i believe it has the resonator and the muffler. I could cut the resonator off if you wanted.

·
Nathan Z.
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Couple of questions. What are its dimensions? How long would it be if you left like 2" of pipe on each side? Is it straight through? In your opinion, would it help quiet things down a little if I put it before my new muffer? Oh and any clue what shipping would be to 66062?

·
Registered
778 Posts
i will have one in the next few weeks when i get my headers on pm me if you dont have one by then and ill hook you up

·
Nathan Z.
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks I'll keep you in mind.

·
Registered
837 Posts
i measured it. The resonator is about 6" long and with 2 inches on either side if i cut it, the nit would be 10" long. the pipe is 3" Again this is just the stock one.

·
Nathan Z.
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Would you be interested in sending me the whole tail pipe? I figure if its already on there I wouldn't have to cut anything in front of the muffler. Any ideas what shipping would be to Olathe, KS 66062? Thanks

·
Nathan Z.
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok I have to ask, is your resonator the little round bump in the piping or is it the bigger rectangular one? I'm looking for the bigger one to help cut down some of my volume. I'm sorry, I didn't even think to ask which motor you had.

·
Nathan Z.
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Honestly I don't know if that would do anything for me or not. What do you think? I think it sounds great but the wife thinks its too loud and I have a kid on the way around Christmas. Do you think the little resonator would tone it down any? Anyone else reading this think it would help any?

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
nabobz said:
Honestly I don't know if that would do anything for me or not. What do you think? I think it sounds great but the wife thinks its too loud and I have a kid on the way around Christmas. Do you think the little resonator would tone it down any? Anyone else reading this think it would help any?
Honestly, I don't think you need to do anything. Right now your wife is hormonal and in nesting mode...don't sweat it, it will pass. As for the kid, a rumbling exhaust note resembles the sounds they hear in the womb and will lull him or her right to sleep. (I don't know if that is true but it sounds good, and hell your wife may even buy it?) Before you tell her this go the dealer and get a quote to have the stock system re-instilled—this will likely be quite high. Show your wife the astronomically high estimate and tell her you think that this money would be better spent on diapers and what-not, yea this may induce a shopping episode that you may have to attend. Remember it’s all in the name of a kick ass truck.

Hope this helps you from having to ruin a great sounding exhaust.

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
BTW on my '06 the resinator looks like a mini muffler.

·
Nathan Z.
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
MegaCabMan said:
Honestly, I don't think you need to do anything. Right now your wife is hormonal and in nesting mode...don't sweat it, it will pass. As for the kid, a rumbling exhaust note resembles the sounds they hear in the womb and will lull him or her right to sleep. (I don't know if that is true but it sounds good, and hell your wife may even buy it?) Before you tell her this go the dealer and get a quote to have the stock system re-instilled—this will likely be quite high. Show your wife the astronomically high estimate and tell her you think that this money would be better spent on diapers and what-not, yea this may induce a shopping episode that you may have to attend. Remember it’s all in the name of a kick ass truck.

Hope this helps you from having to ruin a great sounding exhaust.
:thatfunny You're probably right on the hormonal part. :D Unfortunately I replaced the muffler so she knows that I can put it back if I have to. Personally I like it but it has lots of drone that just kills my head. I'm hoping to cut down on some of that. I probly should have went with a slightly larger muffler but I got a great deal on ebay on this one.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.