DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's up. I just recieved my lift spindles today and i want to install them this weekend. I already have 2" spacers on the front and i know if i put the spindles on I'm going to have to extend the brake lines. The problem is my budget is at 0 right now for the next couple months with school and birthdays taking my extra cash. Is there any way i can make extended brake lines or get around not having to buy some. I remember reading slammed1 saying you can bend the metal line to get some more slack but nothing was explained. Has anyone done this? Or maybe i can remove the mount and give it some extra slack? Any help would be great guys thanks

·
CJ
250 Posts
I was just about to ask the same thing.....

·
Registered
45 Posts
I just finished up installing the 5.5 RC kit and I also bent the hard lines on the front brakes to get some slack but at full droop the lines get a little taught still. I am awaiting reply from slammed1 to see if he carries any longer lines.

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
I just finished up installing the 5.5 RC kit and I also bent the hard lines on the front brakes to get some slack but at full droop the lines get a little taught still. I am awaiting reply from slammed1 to see if he carries any longer lines.
I doubt you will get a reply, he is on leave right now until he gets some things straightened out with his new job and everything. Moes carries them

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
did you bend the line coming from the caliper or from the frame??

·
Registered
45 Posts
On the drivers side, I bent the hard line on the frame...but I had to move the bracket that holds it to the frame. The passenger side I bent the line on the caliper. This will be temp only as I am looking to get some longer Russell lines I found on SUmmit.

·
CJ
250 Posts
Do you have a part number for the lines on Summit? I can't find them.

·
Power Wagon #1605
16,086 Posts

·
CJ
250 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
I bent mine at the calipars... Just make sure you check them the next day. Both sides got loose and brake fluid was leaking out. Make sure the nuts stay tight at the connections.

BTW, I had 3" spindles with 2.5" spacers

·
crufootball
1,118 Posts
You can also relocate the block where the flex hose meets the hardline...I get 14 inches of travel out of my front suspension and I have stock brake lines....their not even close to being maxed out at full drop or full lift....just gotta place the mounting point where it needs to be.

·
CJ
250 Posts
Where did you place the block, and do you have a pic

·
crufootball
1,118 Posts
Nall I don't have a pic...it's close to the UCA mounts but my frame is totally different than yalls...it's all custom. Ill see if I can snap a pic

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.