DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I purchased my 08 QC I also bought the max life care plan which is bumper to bumper for ever. I can return it within 90days i was just thinking should i return it and get some money for some new toys.

Open to all opinions

· Great View
1,049 Posts
What did it cost you? Are you planning on keeping the truck for 10-15 years or are you going to trade in a few years?

· Registered
888 Posts
Bumper to bumper forever must have cost a pretty penny?

· Great View
1,049 Posts
I looked and the longest term bumper to bumper plan that dodge offers is 7 year 100,000. Where are you getting this lifetime bumper to bumper? If its a aftermarket (not dodge) you are going to get the big screw job when they go bankrupt in a few years. Or are you talking about the lifetime powertrain?

· Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
$2365, it is bumper to bumper, $100 deductible. It is called the MaxLife plan and it is from dodge. I love the truck but I hear that the next 1500 will have a diesel in it and I love diesels. The warranty is non transferable except in I belive NC and Iowa.

· Registered
448 Posts
Never heard of that plan. Seems odd to be offering that with the lifetime Power Train out there.

· Registered
425 Posts
I have never felt as burned as I did after being talked into a X warranty....then becoming aware of the pt lifetime warranty....I got my money back....right at about $2100.....I will try to find my thread for ya....

· Great View
1,049 Posts
HoseSimian said:
$2365, it is bumper to bumper, $100 deductible. It is called the MaxLife plan and it is from dodge. I love the truck but I hear that the next 1500 will have a diesel in it and I love diesels. The warranty is non transferable except in I belive NC and Iowa.
From what you said you probable not going to make use of it. If your one of those people that want a new truck every time something new comes out. Myself I would not pay for any extended warranty and I keep my trucks until the wheels fall off and you can see through the doors. The only time you really are going to make use of it, is if you have major electrical problems and end up changing modules. The lifetime powertrain warranty will cover the other expensive items but I'm one to fix everything I can myself since the gearheads working for the dealerships screw it up most of the time.

· Registered
1,628 Posts
If you are even thinking about trading later...and you know you are as soon as / if the diesel 1500 comes out. Go get some of your money back. Because the warranty is non transferable you will loose any equity you have left in the warranty. I have transferable extended warranties before and traded early. I was allowed to use the buy back money from the warranty for some down payment money. Sounds like this warranty wont do that for you.

Be realistic, how long did you keep your last truck? Is there some reason that you would keep this truck any longer?

Think about the most miles you have ever put on a vehicle add say 10% to that and that is about the length of warranty you need.

· Great View
1,049 Posts
Mikepolkki said:
Dodge Does Not Offer anything called Max Life
Thats what I found. I might be a third party warranty being sold by that dealer.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.