DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
90 Dodge w150 the hesitates while giving throttle and while idleing you cant really feal the hesitating but you can see the tach surging. one time while going about 65mph it sounded like it almost shut off then i turned the OD off and ran it at same speed but higher RPM it stopped. when putting around town you cant really feel it but again you can see the tach surging. I have already replaced fuel filter, air filter, and pcv valve. any help would be appreciated. also i have noticed a vaccum line going from what i think is the cruise control to some sort off box on the driver side fender is almost flat. would this be my problem or would it just affect the cruise? I know this is the right place to get some good info i have seen you guys help a lot of people

Thanks

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i have replaced all vaccum lines i seen that are bad still not right, maybe a little worse. even though the EGR doesnt activate at idle if it is bad will it still cause the problems im seeing or maybe the O2 sensor? im having hard time reading the codes the pauses are not uniform at all and throwing me off. i took a video of the engine light flashes but this sight says i have not made enough post to put it on here. thanks so far

·
Registered
302 Posts
The egr vavle usaully affects the idle or causes a backfire, I'll try to look at your video,it should flash then pause and flash again,Might try cleaning your computer connections with crc ele.cleaner then try the codes again pretty much a guessing game if you can't read the codes,Hope you don't have a computer going bad

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I replaced coolant temp sensor and thermostat now half of the problem is gone. no more surging at idle, but still hesitates during acceleration and back fired a couple times. putting around town it does fine. disconected battery and drove around now im getting code 12 which i can understand but i also get 37 which i am lost on. could my problem be spark plugs i havnt checked them yet but what should i look for or am i way off. Thanks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.