DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
9,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey all. im contimplating getting a new truck when the 06's come out. this way i can get an 05 cheaper or the dealership will wanna move the 04s or older used ones a lil quicker. anyhow....i wanted to keep my payments around 360-400 a month for a 4.7 and i didnt wanna pick up the extra money a month for a hemi, but i would for a diesel. what are some of yalls monthly payments on even the most basic of diesel 4x4s and how much down, if you dont mind me asking?

·
Registered
140 Posts
I put 2000 down and the 2500 rebate down as well, financed about 30,000. Payments are $575/month for 6 years at 4.5% interest.
Scott

·
Registered
9,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
wow....where are you from in va. thats where im from. im from va beach, but i hunt a lot in richmond, the eastern shore, appomatax, bath county and a lot of the national forest. id love to be able to afford that payment. geez good for you!

·
Registered
9,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i was just down in suffolk not far from tysinger dodge it think it was. at my buddies place working my hunting dog. where did you go to school...when did you grad?

·
Registered
9,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
which dealers....star dodge? dont really remember the name. near a taxidermy place. but again..where and when did you go to school?

·
Registered
852 Posts
I put 25k down and financied 15k for 3 years which= $341.63 per month....

·
Registered
852 Posts
Make that 4 years not 3!!!!!

·
Registered
9,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
man. i may have to put it off....i gotta come up with some more money then i thought. lets see how this new internship works out.

·
Registered
129 Posts
this is the way it works out roughly.....26k will put you at about 440 for 72 months.for every thousand more youre payment will go up about 20 bucks.for every 1 in interest(6.9 to 7.9 for example)youre payment will go up about 10 bucks.of course,this all depends on months financed and interest,,but its a good guideline at 72 month financing....if you go thru dodge financing,take the rebate,get the slightly higher interest,then refinance it at your credit union immediately and lower payment.in doing this,you usually will have to make 1 payment to dodge,as it takes about a month for the title to clear at the state and make it back to the lender before you can refinance.

·
Registered
9,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i didnt think you could refinance that quickly.

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
byrdawg13 said:
hey all. im contimplating getting a new truck when the 06's come out. this way i can get an 05 cheaper or the dealership will wanna move the 04s or older used ones a lil quicker. anyhow....i wanted to keep my payments around 360-400 a month for a 4.7 and i didnt wanna pick up the extra money a month for a hemi, but i would for a diesel. what are some of yalls monthly payments on even the most basic of diesel 4x4s and how much down, if you dont mind me asking?
The two trucks you are talking are night and day. A 1500 with the 4.7
vs a 2500 CTD. You are not willing to pay an extra $20 a month to have the Hemi but a about $200 to have the CTD is ok? You will have to get a loan for about $18,000 to keep payments at the range you are talking.

·
Registered
9,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
well i want either the 4.7 if i have to have a gasser. if i can afford a diesel i will, but i dont want mileage with the hemi. i just had a 360 and got 12 miles a gallon around town. i know gas shouldnt be a big deal when your talking about a truck, but id rather that extra money a month in gas to go towards a payment instead of disposable gas. if you get my point

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
byrdawg13 said:
well i want either the 4.7 if i have to have a gasser. if i can afford a diesel i will, but i dont want mileage with the hemi. i just had a 360 and got 12 miles a gallon around town. i know gas shouldnt be a big deal when your talking about a truck, but id rather that extra money a month in gas to go towards a payment instead of disposable gas. if you get my point
If milage is the main concern get the ctd the 4.7 and 5.7 get about the same+- 1mpg.

·
Registered
9,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
really. i thought the 4.7 got the best around town. and i was thinking the ctd got the same if not better and the hemi was the worse of the 3 at like 13 around town. ill have to re-check the dodge sight and see what the hemi in a reg cab long bed 4x4 would put me at. i dont think it has the 6 speed tranny though. whats the cheapest you think i could walk out the door with a 2500 hemi 4x4 reg cab.

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
byrdawg13 said:
really. i thought the 4.7 got the best around town. and i was thinking the ctd got the same if not better and the hemi was the worse of the 3 at like 13 around town. ill have to re-check the dodge sight and see what the hemi in a reg cab long bed 4x4 would put me at. i dont think it has the 6 speed tranny though. whats the cheapest you think i could walk out the door with a 2500 hemi 4x4 reg cab.

$25,000-$28,000? Neither the 4.7 or 5.7 do good in town, probably like 12, seriously look at the sticker if it says 14 in town the small print will say like 10-14 in town, and if you didn't notice yet guys lie about how great they get in milage, Find some honest posts on here on milage, most guys that do a lot of town driving 4.7 and 5.7 average 12-14.

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
byrdawg13 said:
i didnt think you could refinance that quickly.
:D i financed at the dealer, drove the 25 miles home and refinanced thru my insurance company all within an hour :D I'm sure the guy at the dealer wasnt happy but the 3% interset drop made me happy:)

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.