DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay.. now I'll admit I am not very educated when it comes to performance mods and all as I was never really into that until I got the D.. I am thinking of getting the magnaflow exhaust and first wanted to get some opinions for thso who have used it. I have seen their video clip on their site and it sounds amazing... I mean im not looking for something that is gonna annoy the sh!t outta me everytime i go to the store or out for the weekend... i want something that is going to be loud when the gas is down and not as cruising... yea so i wanna get the cat back exhaust from magnaflow and on this guys site he offers the exhaust with the choice of High Flow Catalytic Converter or K&n replacement air filter... does the magna flow come with a high flow catalytic converter and is it even worther getting.. like i said this is all new and im trying to understand it but really am lost... Thanks for any help - info - explanation

·
Registered
276 Posts
I have the system and love it. It's a lil loud just driving when you 1st get it but I think you get used to the sound. The system is just a catback, no k&N or highflow cat. Did you see that on Ebay? If you go to http://www.performancepeddler.com/ and enter "dodgetalk" into the wholesale login you will get a good price. $365. I wouldn't bother with the highflow cat, you won't be pushing enough air thru the exhaust for that to be a big restriction.

·
Banned
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea that the one i saw... i mean i was looking it over and i submitted an offer for like 300.. i figured i would go low and if he wanted to sell maybe he would ask a lil highre... i figured if it came free with the exhaust it couldnt hurt putting the high flow cat in.. could it?

·
Registered
212 Posts
Mine is just clamped on in the same places as the original muffler. You don't want to know how much I paid for my m/f and install. Then again, I had the first one that m/f put out. If I remember correctly, our converters are on both sides before the Y pipe and the oxygen sensor. I'd think we'd get alarms if we changed those out. I might be wrong.

·
Registered
24 Posts
IndyHemi said:
http://www.magnaflow.com/02product/shopexd.asp?zone=Trucks&id=921

Says it's coming soon. I don't mean to be rude, but, search is our friend. I found the answer for you in under 30 seconds.
I was asking thinking maybe someone had one already and could give me info.That site has been saying "coming soon" forever.Sorry to waste everyone's precious time.I'm reminded why I don't post much on these message boards anymore.

·
Registered
212 Posts
evhindenberg said:
Is there a M/F cat back kit for the '04/'05 4.7 yet?
There was nothing in your post that said anything about did anyone have the exhaust yet. I simply answered your question with a link to thier site. How am I or anyone else suppose to know what the true intent of your post was? I'm not a mind reader, ask my soon to be ex-wife. :)

·
Registered
237 Posts
The difference between welding in the Magnaflow muffler in and the cat-back system is the size of the pipe in and out. The stock is 2 5/8 in and out and the Magnaflow gives you 3 inches from just after the Y all the way back and a 3 1/2 inch cosmetic tip welded over the 3 inch pipe. ( I didn't know this myself until someone pointed it out on this site after they measured) Not sure how replacing the cats will affect things. Higher flow would be nice but will probably get faults codes to occur and annoying red dash lights.

·
Registered
24 Posts
IndyHemi said:
There was nothing in your post that said anything about did anyone have the exhaust yet. I simply answered your question with a link to thier site. How am I or anyone else suppose to know what the true intent of your post was? I'm not a mind reader, ask my soon to be ex-wife. :)
I just don't understand why people have to rag on other people to use the search function. I used it and didn't get what I was looking for.Some companies don't update their sites often enough.Sometimes things get released without mention on their sites.I was simply asking an on-topic question.Thanks for the link anyway. :)

·
Registered
212 Posts
I didn't rag on you. I clearly stated that I wasn't trying to be rude. I say let's drop this and go on to more important things like Superchips programmming or when is Hypertech gonna help us out. :D Also, if you go to the main forums listing and scroll to the bottom, there is a list of site sponsors. Magnaflow is one of them. You might drop a post in there and see if you can get a reply from them. Here is a link to the forum http://www.dodgetalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=230

·
Registered
212 Posts
I'll try and get some up. I need to get my gallery photos going. Give me a couple of days and I'll get them up.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.