DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

exhaust Your Opinion

2K views 60 replies 33 participants last post by  YnotparT 
#1 ·
ok i have a hemi (stock) and it sounds so quiet. i am going to school at UTI and most of the population there have little four banger cars those exhuast sounds like fart cans but hate pulling into next to one in traffic and there showing of there fart can anyways i need a good sounding muffler just tell me your opinion on the muffler i have chosen AERO TURBINE 3030 i hear i can get it cheap from slammed1 i really dont want to put dual unless there true dual

#3 ·
75 Power Wagon said:
flowmaster 40s, and dump it.. if you want loud, there you go.. or go straight out the back for more of a rumble that other people can hear from a distance.
Doesnt that cause terrible resonance?

#4 ·
^dumping it?

(In My 75 Power Wagon 340)

I had it dumped before and it was much louder in the cab, and with the pipes out the back its much louder from a distance and less in the cab.. and with the pipes out the back there seems to be a little more low end power.. might just be my imagination though.

#6 ·
I have the AT3030 and love it!

Low rumble at idle, but really opens up under throttle and sounds great! I don't have a resonator on mine, so it is a bit louder and I do have a little resonance in the cab at about 2k rpm, but it isn't anything that can't be lived with or the stock stereo can't drown out.

#7 ·
dont dump it, mine is dumped right now on straight pipes and the interior resonence is terrible!!!!!

#8 ·
i can tell you what not to get, magnaflows. theyre not loud at all....

#12 ·
BBHemipower said:
i can tell you what not to get, magnaflows. theyre not loud at all....
Thats a bunch of crap. My magnaflow is dumped and it is loud as shit. It makes our truck sound like muscle cars from the 60's. It is ****ing awesome! and by the way flowcrappers sound like shit when you are stomping on it. They sound more like a screaming baby than anything. Just my .02

#14 ·
Got the AT from Slammed for $175 and Midas put it on for $100 ( kept OEM resonator)

Now the guy across the street wants one

Place that painted my mirrors/ cowel thought it was awesome

#15 ·
What's not loud to some sounds like world war 3 to others. My son put on a Flowmaster 40 Series Delta Flow on his 5.7 Dakota. He initially dumped it and within 1 week had the pipe re-ran back. He personally liked the sound but his neighbors in his apartment complex started forming outside his door with pitchforks and torches. I thought it was way to loud for my 46 year old ears. Especially the resonance in the cab. I went with a Flowmaster Delta Flow 50 series and am very pleased with it. It is very much noticed on the streets with a great sound throughout the power range. Yet quite enough that a slight increase in your Stereo volume overcomes any cab rumble.

Drive with pride. :gr_patrio

#16 ·
HemiRamOn20s said:
Thats a bunch of crap. My magnaflow is dumped and it is loud as shit. It makes our truck sound like muscle cars from the 60's. It is ****ing awesome! and by the way flowcrappers sound like shit when you are stomping on it. They sound more like a screaming baby than anything. Just my .02
Whatever dude. to me, they are not loud enough. I had folwmasters before and they were just right. maybe you like your truck to sound like a muscle car from the 60s, I dont.

#17 ·
i can say dont get the borla. it made your truck soun like a civic. and it was quiet as all hell until you stomped on it. but the sound was embarrasing to say the least. in this past week i have done some crazy exhaust changes: first i ran open cats sounds good but a real messy sound if you know what i mean. then i went with AT 3030 dumped..... nope. then did duals off the AT.... nope. now i have true dual with flowmaster super 40s and it sounds sweet!!!! but just my .02

#18 ·
That's what I want to do next and should have had done to begin with....dual outlet from the AT3030 to have a pipe on each side!!

I'll have that done when I have headers and a new y-pipe installed. :rck:

#19 ·
My local shop has just received some aeroturbines. He was telling me that they have just been putting them on desil trucks so far. I asked him what they would sound like on my 360 and he said he didn't know, but he would put it on my truck for free if i bought the muffler for about $200 and report back to him the gas mileage and everything else. It sounds like a good deal to me but I am a flowmaster guy. What do you guys think that have had both flowmaster and the aeroturbine?

#20 ·
Wish I could have gotten a deal like that on the AT....free installation. After the muffler, ss tip, installation, and taxes...I paid about $420!

#21 ·
Has anyone heard a Flowmaster Outlaw Race series Muffler on a Dodge?

#22 ·
My vote is for the Aero-Turbine AT3030. The first 3 mufflers on my 04 Hemi were Magnaflows - different ones in an attempt to eliminate the most incredible resonance problems you ever heard. I had the 14579 SISO, 14256 SISO and the 14588 SIDO. I was able to get rid of most of the resonance on the 14588 by cutting off the tailpipes and dumping it with turndowns, but it still didn't sound right.

I recently bought an AT3030 from Slammed1 and had it plus the factory resonator installed. The sound is absolutely perfect, and exactly what I've been looking for. It's unbelievably deep, powerful and smooth sounding, reminiscent of the muscle cars of the 60s and 70s.

If you have an 04+ Hemi and either have resonance or are concerned about it, keep the factory resonator in its original location. I should have put it back on 3 mufflers ago, but I just love the sound of the AT!

#25 ·
AsylumAfterMath said:
dummped what does that mean and im still young i really dont mind the noise
I believe the term "dumped" comes from the way that was popular for muscle cars to treat their exhaust. If they didn't want the fancy crome tipped tailpipes out the back, they would use axle-dumps which were pipes that came out of the muffler and just barely over the rear axle to clear the passenger "cabin" area and then pointed at the ground, hence forth the "dump". This gave a stealth look, but because of the shorter lenght of pipe, the sound became louder and therefor was by far not at all "stealth".

Now I think people are actually dumping the exhaust right out of the muffler with some turndowns. I wouldn't recommend this because (depending on the location of your muffler) you'll be breathing your own exhaust while you're sitting at a stop light on a mildly warm day with windows down... unless you really like your exhaust.

#26 ·
I have a magnaflow on mine, maybe it's the addition of the headers, but it sounds badass, but you can still cruise down the highway for 10-12 hours without getting a headache from the resonence. I would say they aren't overly loud until you get on it, but they are plenty loud when you do. I get a lot of comments on how awsome my truck sounds quite often.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.