DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, I searched the forums and the rest of the web and can't seem to find the answers I am looking for.

I'd love to dump the exhaust right after the rear axle, but I really don't want the cab noise during a 2,000 mile road trip I'm bound to make back home when I take my leave.

I'm also on a budget... imagine that. PFC's don't get paid shit.

Anyway, so here's what I'm wondering.

I've been searching around for the cheapest place to get a Magnaflow catback for my truck, but the cheapest I've found one for is like $500. I looked at Summit to see what I could find. Needless to say, not much. I did, however, find their brand of exhaust for $160. Now, I know it's cheap, and I know the muffler will probably be dead in a year or less... but I'm not too worried about that right now. I was thinking maybe I could get that and let it go for a bit, mainly just to get the side exit dual exhaust I want and getting a Magnaflow muffler later on. (Once my budget permits a bit more spending.) My main worries are these though. One, I don't know how quickly those things rust. Now being in the wonderful rainy state of Washington, I'm kind of worried about that. Secondly, I'm afraid that it'll sound like complete garbage... like worse than stock.

I like the fact it's bolt on and I'd be able to do it myself, I hate taking my car to a shop... I haven't used any here and I don't know how caring they are about your vehicle. Most of the ones I've been to here though just don't care. Got my oil changed (truck is still under warranty. :() and watched as the ******* sped out of the bay. Needless to say he got a mouthful and the foreman was notified about my discontent. I also like that it's cheap and would give me the look I want.

Does anyone have any experience with the Summit brand of exhaust and, if so, is it good, bad, or in between?

Any help, suggestions, or opinions are welcome and appreciated. (Minus, "You're a retard" obviously.)

·
5 Years... 6 Dodges
25,280 Posts
What's the truck?

But dumped behind the rear won't be any issues at all with cab noise. That's where I've had 2 of my trucks dumped at.

Attachments

·
5 Years... 6 Dodges
25,280 Posts
What I've done with mine... replace stock muffler with a Flowmaster 40 and lopped of the end as in the pic above.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'll look into it. I'm actually going to run around and try to find a reasonably priced exhaust shop around here later today.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.