DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok this is the Cat back system i was wanting to run on a dakota 92-95 that i might be getting

it will be stock from the motor to the cat then single (3" or 2.5") pipe going into a 12" Glasspack then dueled with 2 1/4 pipes exiting out with 16"x3.5" tips

Will this setup be loud?

or

Will it be louder by running just the Cat and putting 2.5" straight pipe through the glasspack then dueled with 2 1/4 pipes exiting out with 16"x3.5" tips? this would make it look like i have a muffler.

check out the attachment for a pic of the exhaust routing

and also has anyone here run there 16"x3" or 16x3.5" chrome echo tips at a 90* behind the rear wheels on 87-96 dakotas?

anyhelp thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
133 Posts
It's going to be louder without the muffler. But why? Cops are cops, if its loud they are going to ticket you regardless if it looks like it has a muffler or not.

If you want loud, why not put an exhaust cutout right after the cat and leave the stock system in place. That would be REALLY loud, especially since it would dump right underneith the cab, and it would resonate like crazy.

Just another (cheap) idea :)

·
The Cherry Express
3,846 Posts
Are you looking for just loud, or power with a nice sound, that has to be the first question??

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.