DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
hot2k1ram
756 Posts
a custom set-up ran in front the rear tires, 3" pipe running into a highflow cat and a quickflow brand muffler, and 2.5" pipes with gisbon sport truck tips, awesome sound good flow, and still have good torque on the bottom end

·
Registered
18 Posts
i'm runnin true duals 2 1/2" with Xpipe and magnaflo cats and mufflers i like the sound and the response/power. lol alot better than the stock. more get up and go!

·
RoaringRam
408 Posts
Flowmaster dual chamber with dual pipes out the back. I will soon be upgrading to 3" pipes and a one chamber flowmaster for a little more noise. Flowmaster's have a good tone to them which is what I was looking for.

·
Kinda Newbie
201 Posts
Currently, 3" out of the cat and into the "Heartthrob" muffler, dual 2.25" pipes out the back, no tips. Previous owner's set-up. I will probably go to 2.5" pipes out of the muffler, not sure about tips or side exit yet.

·
Mmmmmmmmm, beer.
2,485 Posts
Edelbrock ceramic shorty headers, stock y-pipe, stock cat, 3" single in/out Flowmaster 50 Series SUV.

·
RoaringRam
408 Posts
Silver, are your headers the TES ceramic headers?

·
Mmmmmmmmm, beer.
2,485 Posts
No, just regular shorties. The TES system replaces your stock y-pipe too, and the installation to have that welded in was a little more expensive then what I wanted to spend at this time, even though I think it would produce better results.

Mine were just direct bolt in replacements, bolting right up to the factory y-pipe. I'll take some pics if your interested, but probably look about the same as the JBA headers your looking at (listed in your future mods), except the primaries are 1 5/8 instead of 1 1/2.

·
Mmmmmmmmm, beer.
2,485 Posts
KJRich said:
Currently, 3" out of the cat and into the "Heartthrob" muffler, dual 2.25" pipes out the back, no tips. Previous owner's set-up. I will probably go to 2.5" pipes out of the muffler, not sure about tips or side exit yet.
I know a guy who had dual 2.25" pipes, and he switched to 2.50". When right back to the 2.25" because he said he lost low end torque when he switched to dual 2.50".

·
Kinda Newbie
201 Posts
Possible. I went from the stock single on the '97 5.2 I had to a Flowmaster Non-Deltaflow 40 with dual 2.5"s out the back, but I really didn't notice a difference. Regardless, these pipes need replaced. They were part of a bolt on at home kit, and they look it (alignment crappy, I don't like how low they hang either). I may even run a 3" single from the cat back out the stock location with no muffler, I haven't really decided yet. I need to get this Cordoba sold so I can fix the A/C, first.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.