DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What changed for the exhaust systems from 2005 to the 2006 model year?

I've seen some deals out there for catbacks and full header systems for the earlier hemi rams. When i look up the systems and their part numbers, they change at 2006 or do not exist as a system that can be bought for the newer model years.

Can someone shed some light, can the older systems be used on the newer model years?

btw I've got a hemi powered 06 4x4 quad cab sport.

·
Registered
124 Posts

·
I RECOMMEND FUKKEN WAX
13,990 Posts
The motor mounts changed and interfere with the earlier headers. Also, MDS was introduced in 2006 so the exhaust is slightly different.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
RubberFrog said:
The motor mounts changed and interfere with the earlier headers. Also, MDS was introduced in 2006 so the exhaust is slightly different.
I guess that answers the question of the header to the muffler. I am a little concerned about some people saying that they have had to cut the trany ear with i am thinking it was the pacesetters.

Any insight on the muffler back? Is the mounting in the same location?

·
I RECOMMEND FUKKEN WAX
13,990 Posts
There is a few minor configuration changes that result in slightly different mounting locations.

After I put a catback on my truck (an 07) I realized what a waste of money it was. The entire exhaust is 3" so you're better off just getting a muffler welded in for a third of the price.

If I was doing it all over, I would leave the stock muffler and just get a cut out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.