DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
hemi4life
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well. decided to change them cause i had a pretty bad leak due to a broke exhaust bolt. got both manifolds without breaking any bolts. the bolt that was broke was in the head but not to bad up in there. so i busted the old easy outs. well long story short the easy out SNAPPED OFF IN THE FREAKING BOLT. options now are to drill and tap the hole. any advice from you experienced folks on here?

·
Site Administrator
22,963 Posts
I got lucky when my wife's busted, it broke off at the top of the manifold, so when I removed it, a inch of the bolt was remaining. Used vice grips and it came out with no issues.

You may want to spray some PB blaster on that thing and let it sit a good few hours and then spray it again and try another set of easy outs.

This is one of the hardest things to do! Good luck!

·
hemi4life
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
all the bolts are out except the one that broke off about a 16 of an inch inside the head. i was using the easy out and decided it wanted to break.

·
hemi4life
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well got it fixed. Ended up get some carbide tip drill bits from the masonry section at lowest. Used that to drill out the easy out. Then drilled and tapped the hole. Everything went back smoothly. No leaks!!! Even better news. My spintech mufflers came while I was working in it!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.