DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
RamMac1
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My son recently bought a 2007 Ram 4x4 with the 5.7L hemi. The truck is fantastic except for the exhaust system. The local dealer installed an aftermarket system and this truck is equiped with a feature that (disables?) part of the cylinders when they are not needed to save gas. It sounds like crap and doesn't seem to run right when this happens. Is there anyway to disable this fuel saving option?

Thanks

·
Registered
605 Posts
there is a way but you'll have to buy some kind of tuner, which isn't out yet. supposedly diablo and sct are both coming out with tuners that i believe can disable mds (that fuel saving option that turns off 4 of the cylinders when in cruising speed or light foot). or you might be able to get a tune from b and g, just look them up and talk to them. thats the only options i know of. and there's plenty of options as far as the exhaust systems go, just ask around here.

·
Registered
150 Posts
What I'm doing is waiting for a handheld tuner such as "Diablo Motorsports" which they'll be releasing the Predator for Hemi 5.7's, etc with flash update capability. Not sure exactly when but soon. This forum will have some kinda announcement because we are sitting on the edge of our seats for it to come out...

·
Banned
3,572 Posts
cavemanhemi said:
What I'm doing is waiting for a handheld tuner such as "Diablo Motorsports" which they'll be releasing the Predator for Hemi 5.7's, etc with flash update capability. Not sure exactly when but soon. This forum will have some kinda announcement because we are sitting on the edge of our seats for it to come out...
get with the hemi shop i believe the diablo is out for the cars

·
Registered
150 Posts
austin4.7l said:
get with the hemi shop i believe the diablo is out for the cars
Thanks. Woopsie..I should change my avatar pic because I just bought a 07' Ram.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.