Votes: 16 48.5%
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
alright im about to put duals on my truck and cant decide whether to run them straight out the back or to do 45 degree angles out the side any advice just want to know what would look better.

Attachments

·
I need a truck!!!
2,115 Posts
i like the straight back. Your truck looks just like one ive seen driving around my town. Crazy.

·
mope
531 Posts
I have a red truck just like yours. I put them at 45 degree angles with them also slanted just a little horizontally from the center of the truck out. (a little higher on the inside) Does that make sense? It looks really good I think.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I just last week got duals put on my 2000 sport.
I always liked straight out the back. The down side? You dont hear it as much. The plus side? You dont hear it as much. :D

·
An Army of One
1,227 Posts
Dump them under the truck, easy choice!

·
Registered
240 Posts
Dumping them for me would be a good choice. I recently installed a rollpan and I'm trying to figure out what to do with the tail pipes. Any increse in sound/performance when dumping?

·
I need a truck!!!
2,115 Posts
My roll pan is being painted right now. Im waiting for my new exhaust tips then im running them through the roll pan.

·
Chicks dig bench seats.
1,901 Posts
Duals straight out the back with some sweet dual tips on them. I like that look.. Probably cause that is what i went with. Kinda like the borla dual square tips.. They would be SWEET.

·
Registered
6,326 Posts
Heres a unique style that looks the best on any truck. This is my old Dakota. Pics arent the best but you get the idea.

Attachments

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
mope could you post some pics of your truck with the angled look just want to see all examples thanks guys

·
Registered
240 Posts
Does dumping the exhaust increase performance and or sound?

·
Registered
115 Posts
Are you going to be towing? Do you use your rear window (open)?

If you answer either of these -yes- then you need to go out the sides. Otherwise your going to be sucking fumes.

But I like the look of the straight back pipes with 3 to 3.5 inch tips. Oh So Sweeeet!!

·
hot2k1ram
756 Posts
this is an old set-up on my truck, it's 2 black chrome tips exiting infront the ear tires, now i have gibson sport truck tips in their place.

Attachments

·
Registered
302 Posts
I would do it like RAMMANs and get a roll pan on that beauty and cut some rectangular holes with chrome tips. either that or run 4 exit pipes out through the roll pan in the center right under where your licence plate is, like a corvette or porche.

on mine, i just have the stock setup but its all 3" piping, i had duels out the back on my last truck, dont wanna be the same all the time. plus i like the diesel look, big pipe out the side.

·
mope
531 Posts
mullinsbre said:
mope could you post some pics of your truck with the angled look just want to see all examples thanks guys
Sorry, I havent been able to get on the computer for a while. I will post pics on thursday. My back bumper is off getting painted.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
cool thanks mope

·
hot2k1ram
756 Posts
if by dumping u mean turndowns, it adds some deeper sounds because it's coming straight out the muffler, it's good for setting off alarms because the ground vibrates so much, and on 4x4 trucks where u dont wanna bend an exhaust pipe while mud riding, and backpressure is lost with turndowns

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.