DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Yea It's a Hemi!!!!!
564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
need some been there and done that on exhaust cut-out. thinking of putting one on the Hemi. electric, non electric, manufaturers and installers in the DFW area. Pros and cons.......Track times increase? Thanks.

·
Banned
3,902 Posts
jlhram said:
need some been there and done that on exhaust cut-out. thinking of putting one on the Hemi. electric, non electric, manufaturers and installers in the DFW area. Pros and cons.......Track times increase? Thanks.
Hey Jim,

I had mine rewelded on last week. I have a DMH Performance (www.dmhperformance.com) electric cutout. No problems to date with it.

Don't know of any manufacturers in the DFW area, but any exhaust shop can weld the flowtech (little y-pipe) on for you. If I recall right, you had your custom trues made at Kinney's....they will def be able to weld it on for you. Just call it an "electric dump", otherwise they will have no clue what you are talking about.

Then the e-cutout just bolts on to the flowtech. Cost me $20 to have rewelded on. I got my cutout for $200 shipped. Quicktime Performance also has an awesome cutout. I believe Matt (mjikac) has a QT e-cutout.

I had my cutout before the muffler and it was very deep. But I wanted more performance, so I moved it to before the cats. Now it is EXTREMELY loud, but I lost some of the deep tone. Since you hit the track up, I say put the cutout before the cats, and have another y-pipe put on before the muffler...so you can always have a rumble. That way you don't have to roll with the cutout closed and no rumble.

Hope that helps!

·
Registered
28,800 Posts
I have a quicktimeperformance electric cutout on my truck. When it was after the cat, I gained .4 in the 1/4 and 12hp on the dyno. I paid $199 + shipping, and $30 to have it welded on. I did the wiring myself...VERY easy. I now have the cutout on the end of my y-pipe, and the gains are incredible. I dont know my exact gains because I did my headers, superchips, and cat removal at the same time. I say go for it...Its AWESOME!!!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.