DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Love Looking Good
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently Bought and returned a DJM 2/4 drop due to concerns about welding and pinion angles and stuff. Now i think i wanna get the Eibach Since it is leaf springs and i dont have to worry about angles and welding and perches. I wanted to get some feed back on this kit and whether or not i had to modify my exhaust to fit correctly over the axle. I still have the stock exhaust with the resonator. Any Ideas??

·
Infinite Lives
6,499 Posts
Witht hte 2/4 you shouldn't have to worry about your exhaust hitting the axle.Mine never hits.

·
Love Looking Good
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok so i dont need to bend the pipes any more than they already are?

·
Valdez Racing Team
13,913 Posts
...on a 2/4 you shouldnt have to change anything in regards to exhaust...i used a flip kit and i thought it would interfere with my side exits...but it didn't

·
Registered
489 Posts
I have a 4/6 drop and didn't have to re-work my exhaust. If you take a look under there, the bend over the rear axle actually is a tad higher than the bottom of the frame, at least on mine. Even with my Slammed1 C-notch, there is no issue with the exhaust.

Todd

·
Valdez Racing Team
13,913 Posts
WhiteDiamond said:
I have a 4/6 drop and didn't have to re-work my exhaust. If you take a look under there, the bend over the rear axle actually is a tad higher than the bottom of the frame, at least on mine. Even with my Slammed1 C-notch, there is no issue with the exhaust.

Todd
hey Todd...yur truck has a sweet stance...can you tell me how your front was lowered?...spindles and coils? thanks...

·
LSU
1,286 Posts
chefred112 I am looking at the McGaughy's 2/4 with spindles how does it ride compared to stock? Are the spindles worth the extra money? How do you like the shocks? How much did they run you?

Jordan

·
Registered
489 Posts
chefred112 said:
hey Todd...yur truck has a sweet stance...can you tell me how your front was lowered?...spindles and coils? thanks...
Always willing to share with a compliment like that!!! I had Brian do all the work. He used the drop spindles and drop coils on mine. I kept my stock coils, but he also said you can trim a 1/2 coil off of them plus the spindles to achieve the drop. The rear is just a flip kit with Brian's expert addition of welding the perches.

Here is a better shot for ya ;)

Todd

Attachments

·
Registered
4,315 Posts
I have the Eibachs on mine with Aeroturbine 3030 and OEM resonator

No Problems

·
Registered
4,315 Posts
ram03reg said:
chefred112 I am looking at the McGaughy's 2/4 with spindles how does it ride compared to stock? Are the spindles worth the extra money? How do you like the shocks? How much did they run you?

Jordan
That is the way I went
McGaughys spindles Eibach Leafs
Nitro Active shocks
All from SLAMMED 1
No problem with the ride
Front end alignment is easier with the spindles . That is why I went that way

·
Valdez Racing Team
13,913 Posts
ram03reg said:

Jordan
the ride now is soo much better...like a sport's car kinda feel...you feel more in control...yes the spindles are worth every penny... I have a lowered minivan that I used spindles on also... get lowered shocks too (i have nitro actives), it will enhance the ride... pm slammed1 , i can't remember how much I paid, his pricing is fair, his support thru my install was priceless... :D

·
Valdez Racing Team
13,913 Posts
WhiteDiamond said:
Always willing to share with a compliment like that!!! I had Brian do all the work. He used the drop spindles and drop coils on mine. I kept my stock coils, but he also said you can trim a 1/2 coil off of them plus the spindles to achieve the drop. The rear is just a flip kit with Brian's expert addition of welding the perches.

Here is a better shot for ya ;)

Todd
ah man... nice! can't wait til mine looks like that...I'm already looking into new tires... 275/45-20's...most likely Goodyear GTII's since I'm using them now (285/50-20)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.