DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
David-2001 Ram Off-Road
2,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today was Open House at Ray Evernham's Motor Sport Complex in Statesville, North Carolina. It is the home of Kasey Kahne, Jeremy Mayfield, Bill Elliott, and Erin Crocker. I took a lot of pictures and have loaded a few to share with others. Here's the link:

Evernham Open House

I hope you enjoy!

·
Registered
4,186 Posts
Oh man. I need one of those Evernham trucks. That is schweeeet!!!

·
Registered
75 Posts
thanks for sharing. I would have loved to have been there.

·
David-2001 Ram Off-Road
2,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It was absolutely awesome. Ray Evernham made a speech to all of the fans at the beginning of the day and said "This day is about you, the fans, not us" and kept thanking all of the fans for coming and being a part of their open house. The turnout was MUCH greater than they expected. This was the fourth annual open-house for Evernham Motorsports, and was by far their largest turnout ever.

In order to get an autograph, you had to get there early and get an armband, which gave you admittance to the autograph signing. Some people got there a day early just to get an armband. However, when the signing was over, a spokesman came out and said that Kasey wanted to apologize for not being able to sign for everyone, but that he wanted to give everyone something that was out there waiting that did not get an armband. He had pre-signed a stack of 8x10 picture cards with the #9 car and his picture on the front. He personally came out and handed those out. After everyone had received one, he started signing autographs for the crowd! This went on for about 30 minutes before he had to leave. I was really surprised how "fan friendly" Kasey is (BTW, I got my #9 Dodge hat signed!). I think he would have stayed longer if he could have, but he had to leave to get ready for the Busch race. The other drivers were the same way. We got Bill Elliott's autograph who was signing in the drizzling rain! We also met Kasey's mom, who stopped long enough to let me take a picture of her with my son.

The Evernham facility is top notch in every way. If you ever get the chance to visit, it would definitely be worth your time.

After we left the open-house, we went to "Speed Street" in Charlotte. This is an annual event that precedes the Coca-Cola 600 with tons of NASCAR displays and fun stuff to do for the kids. This event goes on from Thursday through Saturday with lots of live bands (on four different stages) and visits from NASCAR drivers.

If you ever want to visit any of the race shops of the NASCAR drivers, hop over to RACESHOPS.COM and you can find driving directions, hours of operation, etc. on this web site.

On Sunday, we went to the Coca Cola 600. Kasey didn't have such a good day. He had trouble with his car throughout the whole race, ended up blowing a tire, tearing up his car with flying rubber, and eventually finished 26th, but Jeremy Mayfield finished strong in 4th place.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Nice pics!, Looks like it was a blast!

·
Registered
205 Posts
redramhawgfan said:
Oh man. I need one of those Evernham trucks. That is schweeeet!!!

You're in luck. My local dealer has a brand new '04 sitting on the back lot. if you're intersted PM me. I'm not real happy with them at this moment so I don't want to give them any free advertising.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.