DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Cass_A_Nova
1,258 Posts
That is funny. I think he wanted to drop his ass well it is fully on the ground rims and all.

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
waiver or no waiver signed i cant imagine any store loading up someones car like that, thats is too funny and yes it is posted at many Home Depots

·
Unregistered User
3,491 Posts
Tommyboy1 said:
waiver or no waiver signed i cant imagine any store loading up someones car like that, thats is too funny and yes it is posted at many Home Depots
Probably has something to do with their policy of helping load your vehicle. That policy was probably not limited to how much they would load.

·
2013 Laramie Power Wagon
2,024 Posts
lassenloop said:
That's exactly what I was thinking. How does that string have the strength to hold that load the way it's sitting.
if you look at the picture closely it looks like the load may have been centered on the roof and the car "may" have been actually drivable but after he began moving the load shifted backwards.

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
jmbones said:
if you look at the picture closely it looks like the load may have been centered on the roof and the car "may" have been actually drivable but after he began moving the load shifted backwards.
yea and blew out the rear tires , broke the rear suspension, and sent the rear shocks thru the shock towers, more damage happened but i forgot , i read the article a while ago!!!

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
found the article

Overloaded Jetta
Long thought to be fake, now proven to be TRUE

This picture is real - not doctored in anyway - and was taken last week by a Transportation Supervisor for a company that delivers building materials for 84 Lumber. When he saw it in the parking lot of IHOP, he went and bought a camera to take pictures.

The car is still running, as can be witnessed by the exhaust. A woman is either asleep or otherwise out in the front seat passenger side. The guy driving it was jogging up and down on Rt. 925. (in the background)
Witnesses said their physical state was OTHER than normal. The driver finally came back after the police were called, and was found crouched behind the rear of the car, attempting to cut the twine around the load! Luckily, the police stopped him and had the load removed.

The materials were loaded at Home Depot. Their store manager said they had the customer sign a waiver. While the plywood and 2X4s are fairly obvious, what you can't see is the back seat, which contains -- are you ready for this? -- 10 bags of concrete @ 80 lbs. each. They estimated the load weight at 3000 lbs.

Both back tires exploded, the wheels bent and the back shocks were driven through the floorboard. The car, with FL plates (naturally), was headed for Annapolis, where the couple presumably planned to build a new house in which to smoke their crack.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.