DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
'00 Caravan Driver
141 Posts
Looks good!! I will get pics of my new JDM headlights once they are installed :)

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks... i found out tonight that i have to get them adjusted they are aimed to low other then that i like the lights... next i might be gettin the antenna removed from the fender and fill in that hole... i found an antenna that can be placed out of they way under the dash where it cant be seen but its still able to pick up just as many stations.... dont sound like much but it does make a nice lil difference..

·
Registered
13 Posts
Rattler,

What kind of JDM lights did you get? Clear or smoke? I'm very interested in how they would look like on the 96-2000 models.

Thanks!

PS check out pics of my 97 GC on my gallery.

·
Registered
984 Posts
Hey rahfolife,

Tell more about that antenna. I replaced a dented RF fender last week and couldn't get the antenna mount off (corroded), so I snipped it off with a pair of bolt cutters. I'd thought about getting a replacement from a junkyard, but I sure would like to have no external antenna at all.

Got a link? Got a price?

Rick

·
'00 Caravan Driver
141 Posts
ecrivera,

The lights I got are clear lens with a black housing. I didn't want to get smoked lenses since some cops have been giving a few of my friends some trouble for having smoked lenses on their headlights. Once the pics are up, I'll put them up.

--Ratler9782--

·
WheelsofSteel
18 Posts
hey guys i posted pics of the headlamp housing Ratler is talking about in my gallery. I have pics of them on the van and will upload them soon. Just for those of us lnk challenge here are the pics.

:thatfunny

·
Registered
121 Posts
I don't get it. Looks like the only difference is the reflectors are not amber, but white. Am I right? or am I missing something more subtle?

·
WheelsofSteel
18 Posts
Well the headlight housing is black instead of the chrome. Here is what it look like for your van.

·
Registered
984 Posts
rahfolife,

Thanks for the link. I'm on it like white on rice.

I had another idea for the rest of the group, though. I remember reading once that in the late 70s, and maybe into the 80s, some of the Mitsubishi cars that Chrysler sold used no antenna mast, but wired the antenna wire directly to the deck lid and used the sheet metal of the deck lid itself as the antenna. Anyone know any more about this? Would it only be useful for AM? Could I do this to the hood of my minivan?

Rick

·
Registered
13 Posts
wheelsofsteel,
I really like the ones you posted! I think I saw those on Ebay for about 150+shipping. Anybody know where I can get them cheaper!!?

cheers,
ecrivera

PS maybe I can convince my wife to get them as a Father's Day gift :)

·
Registered
121 Posts
WheelsOfSteel said:
Well the headlight housing is black instead of the chrome. Here is what it look like for your van.
Yes, I have seen them, and I like them. I'm not into modifying, but if I ever had an accident and lost one or both of my headlights, I would be very tempted to order them. Same with the rear ones--with the black housing, not the reflective housing.

But when I was saying I missed the point, I was referring to the ones in the first post, with the reflective, not black, housing--on the newer model. It seems to me that the only difference on those is the color of the reflectors on the sides. Just curious.

·
WheelsofSteel
18 Posts
Ecrivera,
I got my headlamps from ebay for $125. Most other online stores want $150 or more that ive seen. So hopefully you'll get those for fathers day! I'll have the on vehical pics really soon! :D

mmahamm,
Sorry about that man i thought you were refering to the balck housing headlamps. Yes the only difference is the reflector is clear.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
yeah the color of the reflector is the only thing different , it might seem like a waste to some people but i like the way they look they dont stand out as much as the ones with the amber oh yeah and nobody around where i live has them

·
'00 Caravan Driver
141 Posts
Noone around my area has them either ;)

·
Registered
121 Posts
rahfolife209 said:
yeah the color of the reflector is the only thing different , it might seem like a waste to some people but i like the way they look they dont stand out as much as the ones with the amber oh yeah and nobody around where i live has them
Just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something else. Sometimes a picture is not worth a thousand words--it needs a few more. I think it's really cool that people want to make mods to these vans.

I personally like the black and I would go for that, because my car is dark in color (see my avatar). Silver would probably look better on a lighter colored car.

I also like the rear lights with the black rather than the silver. However I'd like them better if they didn't stick out of the fixture. if it was smooth on the outside and had those lights, with the black, that would be cool but not too showy.

·
Registered
2 Posts
rapholife209-

looks great!!! Did your ride already have the proper switch
[day running light] on the instrument panel??
According to the owner's manual the switch has a stop with
an "A" on it. If the switch is located in this position
the day running lights are set. My next project is to retrofit
a set of those lights for my non-Euro Quad headlights.
Thanx!!!!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.