DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm finishing assembling the motor for the dakota this weekend. People keep asking "well how much power is it going to make" I have no clue, 390 crank? What have you dyno guys seen with hemi builds with similiar mods?

I have:
SRT 8 cam, springs, pushrods
Ported/Polished heads- (homebrew-ports/bowls look great. Didn't really enlarge the ports, just cleaned everything up nicely) Heads also got milled .010 for flatness
Ceramic coated JBA Headers
True Dual 2 1/2" exhaust with x pipe running into borla xs pros (already on the truck- I lost low end torque with this setup on the 4.7 lol)
Superchips tuner
Electric fan
Underdrive Pulley-(still need to order, but this can go on anytime)
Fastman tb-(same as above)

stock bottom end

Think I can get 390 crank out of it?

·
12.40 @ 105.92
3,810 Posts
I made 350rwhp and 330rwtq with the 6.1 cam, heads, superchips, longtubes, y-pipe and dmh cutout on 20's with 3.55 gears, second gear pull on the stock bottom end on 2 different dynojets for what its worth. Not sure what sort of crank hp that equals especially since mine is 4wd??

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I made 350rwhp and 330rwtq with the 6.1 cam, heads, superchips, longtubes, y-pipe and dmh cutout on 20's with 3.55 gears, second gear pull on the stock bottom end on 2 different dynojets for what its worth. Not sure what sort of crank hp that equals especially since mine is 4wd??
I'd guess 400ish...not sure what losses our 4x4 drivetrains have...I'm sure a lot with the big diffs...lol

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Edit- just noticed your 60' in your sig, I take it you use your 4wd for 1/4 passes too? :D

·
12.40 @ 105.92
3,810 Posts
For sure 400, I mean stock it supposedly made 345 to the crank, my first ever dyno all stock was 248rwhp.

·
12.40 @ 105.92
3,810 Posts
:D
Drag radials do help. I don't think I could hook on street tires at the track anymore.

·
Inertia ROCKS!!!!
12,164 Posts
These heads take a bit of expertise to get improvements from. If you remove material from some area's you can hurt performance......

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
These heads take a bit of expertise to get improvements from. If you remove material from some area's you can hurt performance......
Yeah, I've seen the same thing with neon heads. That's why I just cleaned them up. I'll save the big $$$ port job for 6.1 heads later on. :)

·
Inertia ROCKS!!!!
12,164 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
4wd burnouts would be awesome, I wonder how much the tcase would like that though...:D

·
12.40 @ 105.92
3,810 Posts
It would actually be a three wheel peel. Our fronts are open diffs.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
What do you guys think this hemi Dak is going to run with a 2600 stall behind it?

The truck has 3.90 gears, 16" alloy wheels, weighs 4720 (will be ~4760 with hemi) with me in it...and I also use 4wd at the track...

·
12.40 @ 105.92
3,810 Posts
13's easy, with some great air IMO. It all depends on the weather, in 4wd at that weight with a stall I'm almost sure you could pull a low 14/high13

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.