DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK I can independently verify that Ben's stereo system sounds awesome :rck: I've never heard "Back in Black" sound sooooo good! Made me want to pull out my old original vinyl of "Highway to Hell" and revisit the glory days of my youth......... :D

We met in Roseburg this afternoon, took turns driving each others rigs and talked a little D shop today. I may have converted him on going a little more performance oriented with his next few mods. The new 20" rims and tires really set his truck off nicely, images don't do them justice.

Ben it was nice to finally put a face on to the Durango, thanks again!

·
Registered
750 Posts
Thanks buddy,

Thank you for the compliments. When you are as picky about your music quality as I am, there are always things you wanna do to improve it. I have a couple things in mind, but they will come later. I can burn that CD along with most all of the AC/DC albums for you so you can go back to the old days but in a new/modern way.

Originally I wasn't going to do many if any real performance mods till later, but after driving your D and getting the feel of it, I can't wait to modify my engine. The exhaust tone is perfect, it's not obnoxiously loud but it definitely lets you know it's there when you want it to. It's not really loud at highway speeds, but you can tell it's there, not exactly perfect for my stereo, but as perfect as it can be while gaining performance. Plus, after I DynaMat the interior, you won't even hardly be able to tell.

There is no way to describe the feeling of the transmission on this D shifting. It's silky smooth and shifts right where you want and expect it to. I did realize a couple things wrong with my transmission in the process (shifting outta first gear goes all the way to redline and reverse clunk) but that is probably typical DC quality in practice there.

As you said, it was awesome putting a face to the Durango. I'm looking forward to moving to Portland this fall for school and it's nice to know another person up there, especially a friendly fellow D owner.

·
Registered
750 Posts
One thing I forgot to do was take pictures. I had my digital camera with me and everything. Oh well, it wasn't proper weather to be taking pictures anyway, it was kind of a light rain and a cloudy day, both our D's were dirty. Next time tho, I'm taking pictures.

·
Hummer Recovery Vehicle
6,250 Posts
i haven't seen his system in person, but he has a lot of nice components. now if he'd just let me get to work in his a little.

·
Registered
750 Posts
fiberglass?, that's comin up

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Glad you liked the tranny and the performance stuff I've done. I'm extremely happy with the transmission. Best money spent to date for what you get. My favorite mod is still the NR white gauges though.......we could do that in a couple of hours if you decide to do it. Mo money........ :D

Attachments

·
Registered
750 Posts
Bamboo said:
Glad you liked the tranny and the performance stuff I've done. I'm extremely happy with the transmission. Best money spent to date for what you get. My favorite mod is still the NR white gauges though.......we could do that in a couple of hours if you decide to do it. Mo money........ :D
Don't know why I dug this thread up, but now that I think about it, I might actually get a set of gauges. I was up in Portland registering for PSU last weekend and we went out looking at places to buy for next year, found a couple prospects, but I'll send you a PM or an email about them.

So yeah, I'll be moving up in the middle of September, then I will have someone to help me with my mods :crazy: .

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.