DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright folks, need some help here. Who knows what error code P 0308 means?

I got a post out there from earlier, but didn't have the code then...

ANy help would be greatly appreciated. :help:

2003 SLT QC 4x4
5.9L
36200mi

·
Registered
251 Posts
this is the list of codes for the ram. not sure if there is any difference between the type engines. and the code that you gives refers to a misfire in cylinder no#8

To retrieve OBDII Error codes from your Chrysler/Jeep/Dodge vehicle, do the following sequence with the key: ON-ACC-ON-ACC-ON and look at the odometer, that is where codes will be displayed. Here are the codes that you may/can get.

Ho2S = heated oxyen sensor, TP = throttle position, MAF = mass airflow, MAP = manifold absolute pressure, TC=turbocharger.

P0308 Cylinder 8 Misfire Detected

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Error codes

I can't thank you enough.. You rock dude... :rck:

Earlier today it felt like it was missing, so that would explain it. You think changing the plugs will make the check engine light go away? (short of any other wire/connection/firing problems?)

·
Registered
251 Posts
wouldn`t hurt,but i`d check your wires first to make sure there isn`t any breaks,or burns from hitting a hot spot. also how many miles is on your truck? and have you recently did any modding in the engine compartment area?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No mods yet, ironically, I was planning on installing new HALO plugs and some hotter wires/coil...This has just confirmed what I need to do..I need to turn this 360 up a notch...

36200 miles

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am getting the same code (#8 cylinder misfire). I have since changed all plugs and the coil for #8, but still get the light coming on for the same problem. I am hoping for resolution and think I will start with tracing the wires and changing the fuel filter @ the fuel tank. If there are any other possibilities, I would deeply appreciate it. Thanx.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Just got the P0307 3 days ago. Now i knew i just changed the plugs 2 weeks ago and was wondering whether i got a bad plug in the bunch. Soooooo, after troubleshooting from my desk(the worst kind of troubleshooting) i bought a coil pack. No joy though, so hopped on the bike and went and bought single spark plug. I compared the difference when i ohm'd it out and the old one was open. Anyways, long story short, go cheaper first.

·
15,912 Posts
Just got the P0307 3 days ago. Now i knew i just changed the plugs 2 weeks ago and was wondering whether i got a bad plug in the bunch. Soooooo, after troubleshooting from my desk(the worst kind of troubleshooting) i bought a coil pack. No joy though, so hopped on the bike and went and bought single spark plug. I compared the difference when i ohm'd it out and the old one was open. Anyways, long story short, go cheaper first.
The easier test would have been to swap the coil pack to another cylinder and see if the problem followed. :D

·
Registered
2 Posts
p2320

thank you jeff

i'm real thank-ful with the reply
note with the taylor short wire set the secdary fire would show
insufficent maybe thats what the code is

i'm getting 19.8 mpg at 70 mph on the open road plus the truck runs great

·
15,912 Posts
thank you jeff

i'm real thank-ful with the reply
note with the taylor short wire set the secdary fire would show
insufficent maybe thats what the code is

i'm getting 19.8 mpg at 70 mph on the open road plus the truck runs great
That is true, but there are a lot of others that are running the shorties and not getting the code. So that is why I think you might have a bad coil.

·
Wilson
971 Posts
I had the same problem in 02 4.7. Mine was on 5. Tried everything metioned. Finally after a couple of weeks trying different things I noticed what sounded like a vac leak. I traced all of the vac lines I could find. I decided to check all of the injectors. Went through and gave them all a wiggle. Got to number 5 and vac sound stopped. Reset PCM. Havent had a problem since. I guess the injector wasnt seated properly. May try it

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.